Which run's better on the Acer Aspire 4315

G

Hey Guys, :D I'm interested of formatting my Laptop to a higher based OS like Windows 7 and Windows Vista or sumthin.......i'hv finally gt my KVR800 4GB Memory Sticks to work :na: .......so i need some advice of upgrading my OS......I have an Xp Professional rite nw :whistle: .....bt when i looked for the drivers on the Acer Website, i couldnt find anything for Windows 7 :( ......so is it compatible to Run Win 7 on it ? :heink:

G

Hey there, thanks for ur fast reply.....Sorry i'm not quite keen of turning it into an Ubuntu Based Laptop......i prefer using windows....coz i need sumthing which is user friendly.......i would like to know whether which of the both OS will run smoothly on my Acer....i have a Genuine Vista Ultimate and a Genuine 7 Home Premium....as for so, i would want to know which gives better performance......thanks... :D

choybel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Can You please tell me how u were able to make it run with 4gb RAM? I haven't tried yet but I have Acer Aspire 4315 too and would want to upgrade soon, both CPU and RAM. I have read somewhere that it could not handle 4gb RAM.

G

Hi Choybel,

Well, yes i have seen reviews on certain websites that this particular model could not support the rams but despite that, I added a 2GB x2 RAM and then I booted it from IDE to ACHI and then following the Windows 7 on screen steps, now it perfectly works without any problem but just remember to turn off the automatic update. And it supports Windows 8 Single User but it lags from time to time and the computer does get pretty slow especially when you use the Metro UI but on Windows 7, it works like a dream.

Cheers

choybel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009

I have just installed T7500 on it and installed windows 8, which worked fine on a 2 X 1GB DDR2 553 then I tried installing 2 X 2GB Samsung DDR2 800 and it fails to boot. I'll try changing IDE to AHCI later, but I doubt that has anything to do, will give it a try still and report back here.

G

The only way to get things back is to

1) Clean format the hard disk
2) Install the 2 x 2GB Samsung DDR2 KVR 800 Ram into the Slots
3) Startup the computer and go to the Boot Setup
4) Change the Booting option from IDE to ACHI
5) Restart your computer and boot into the Windows 8 Installation Disk and install it on your HDD.

The main reason of the boot failure is that Windows 8 no longer supports IDE Installation on a system running the KVR800 RAM. You installed it on a KVR553 and later switching it to a KVR800 and that caused the OS to not detect the new rams. Do report back here if anything is not right.

choybel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009

Wow! I am really sorry for not being able to come back to this thread sooner. I already sold the RAM and now feel bad. I really wanted the 4gb to run, but knowing this now, atleast I could try it out once I get the chance to. I actually reformatted it to windows 8.1 with just the 3gb RAM at 667. Now the problem is, the laptop gets very hot. I have been wondering why that is.