best cpu cooler fan ?

mgph

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Hi, I wonder what CPU cooler fan would be best in both price and performance for my MB DFI LanParty DK X38-T2R ? My case has fan on the top and so, some people suggest me Xigmatek HDT S1283 but I worry if it'd interfere with my MB's heatsink

If you don't mind, can you also guess roughly what'd be my max cpu speed limit with this specs ? (so lazy to test myself and worry to reach danger level before someone point it out)
CPU - E8500
MB - DFI LanParty X38-T2R
RAM - Xtreem DDR2 1066 <= my actual MB support is only upto 800 , though FSB is as usual, 1666
GPU - HIS 4870x2
PS - Gigabyte Superb 720W
Case - CM 335

Hope someone could give advice for me. Besides, this would be my first time OC and so, anyone would like to share your experience + article pages with the same MB/CPU I have instead of OC intro pages which I've already run through ? Because I've found most articles are general OC knowledge and basic like how to find max speed but what I want is exact guides for my MB :D

thanks in advance !!!

ps.if in case you notice, yes my specs is almost the same as Tom's $1200 enthusiast specs cos I like it and yea, its outcome is really enjoyable. I've got 13.5k++ in 3DMark06 (without anything OC), except graphics settings medium in GTA IV to get perfect fps :p