Strange yellow line down left side of monitor?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I have notice a thin yellow line down the left side of my NEC MultiSync LCD 1970GX 19" monitor, so I rocked my computer case on my computer table gently back and forth. Then after a few rocks back and fourth I saw it blinking away, its gone now and doesn't happen often at all. This is the second time its happenned since November, I have ruled out the DVI cable as the cause. This happenned before and after my overclock, so I know its not my OC. Do you think it could be maybe a gold plated pin in the PCI-E slot thats not making good contact? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks Systemlord, :sol:

Hmm.... never seen this exact thing happen before. But I did have an issue with one of my cards which gave random white lines going through the middle of the screen for about 5-6sec. The problem was the monitor it was plugged in to, which was receiving some interference from the UPS that it was plugged in to. Your problem could be something smiler or it could be the LCD itself.

pinky25

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
i just got broadband put on to my PC an connected it to my laptop also, i now have a yellow thinline goin down da right side of my screen on my laptop its never happened before,,,, how can i get rid of it ,, can someone pls help me out plz