Sign in with
Your question

Internal WD HDD 640GB 7200RPM SATA 3GB...Should i get black or SE16???

Last response: in Storage
May 26, 2009 10:05:00 PM

Hello,

I am looking at these two drives on newegg and both have really high ratings. The SE16 produces less noise while the black has better performance. I will be using this drive as internal storage. My question is about the warranty on Hard Drives. I see that the Black has a 5 year warranty while the SE16 has a 3 year warranty. Why is that? and what do Hard Drive warrantys include?

The internal storage HDD i have in my computer just died on me, i cant access it and its saying it needs formatted or something, and Partition Table Doctor was unable to fix the boot sector or whatever. So do HDD warrantys cover this type of failure? If this happens with this Western Digital black drive, can i just send it in for a new one after 4 years?
May 27, 2009 2:00:15 PM

Mikej,

If you missed it, the black unit has a 5 year warranty. The noise level in nothing too worry about, I have 2 of the 640g black units.. Also the black has 32 meg cache, verses 19 for the se units. Theses drives rock!!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2009 2:02:54 PM

sorry 16 megs not 19 opps
May 27, 2009 3:28:20 PM

what about the warranty question? and is one more reliable than the other? i dont want it failing on me
!