Sign in with
Your question

Error : the hard disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Last response: in Storage
May 27, 2009 3:05:44 AM

Helloo..

I got an error on hard disk...

A hard disk devided to two partitions: (C - for OS Win XP Pro) and (D - 2nd partition).
The problem is, when i start the pc (windows was running but immediately restarted automatically - repeated). I take out the hard disk and installed it as a slave drive to other pc for data recovery before repair/format the problem hard disk.

FYI, the 2nd partition can be accessed and read. But the 1st partition of the hard disk (for OS) appeared this error when i try to open it : "THE DISK STRUCTURE IS CORRUPTED AND UNREADABLE". Is anyone can help me to solve this problem?

TQ
May 27, 2009 3:16:50 AM

Sounds like the install is bad, try running a checkdisk and select both options (this may, or may not work). Otherwise it looks like you need to format C:\ and reinstall windows.
m
l
May 27, 2009 3:51:59 AM

I try to do checkdisk but it is not work... i'm worried to lose the data in C..uhhhuhuhu..help me!
m
l
Related resources
May 27, 2009 7:10:38 AM

tq.. but still don't find the best solution on this matter...anyone?
m
l
May 27, 2009 2:04:52 PM

Well the only recovery utility that will "recover” your drive that I am aware of and will get you back up to speed is SpinRite by GRC. I have personally used it and have had great success.
m
l
August 25, 2010 2:21:09 PM

My computer is too.

and I haven't method to solve. Someone please help
m
l
!