Fast Question about Prime95

Eastrider1006

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Hi everybody!

Well, I was testing my Q6600 on overclock. Everything okay, and I never had to change the voltage till 3,1GHz.

But there comes a problem. The first time, I had a bsod when Prime95 was running. I set a bit more voltage (about 1,275 or 1,285), and another bit of FSB. Now everything's alright, I'm alive during 30 minutes and doesn't seem to be any fatal problem.

BUT when i run Prime95, in the FPU stress test (the first one), at the two minutes, the CPU use is at 75% and Prime says "Fatal Error en Worker Thread, etc etc, expected less than 0.5".

I know what it means, calculating failure, but, how do I solve this?

The GTRLMV (?) rails are all in auto, just the lane... 2? or the 3, is about 90mv. Would i have to change it manually?

More voltage tends to fix that - it means that the CPU is still getting too little, but the error was not serious enough to cause a bsod. I'd bump the CPU voltage up one notch.

Priv

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Try the northbridge voltage and maybe FSB term. Also ram instability can cause the rounding errors, make sure your ram is not overclocked so you can rule out ram errors.