Looking for a PS with higher wattage then Corsair HX CMPSU-620H

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I have a Corsair HX CMPSU-520H and love it...
I love the modular design and the cabling style.
but was wondering if there is a Power supply similar to it greater then the 620H(620w)

Plan to use it on my server/workstation that I'm building.
I currently have 12 HD's split between 2 machines... that i would like to put all in one machine.
2 water pumps, and 10 fans or so.
grafix card .. have a 8600GT and plan to get another for multiple displays.... not much of a gamer so it won't be for SLI.

any recommendations would be great...

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Sound like an odd build if you ask me.

is it a server or a workstation? i would keep them as two spearate system if you ask me.

put 1 decent HDD in with the workstation, and make a file server with the rest using freeNAS, Linux (using Samba) or just windows. dosent have to be powerful.

however if you've already made up your mind then any good named high tier PSU with 700w or more will be fine. howver you say 2 water pump they dont use allot of juice, what CPU are you think of/have?

also i think that as long as it not a qx9770 or something like that, 620w should be fine, especially since it is a well made PSU to start with.

Agreed.

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
If your absolutely set on a more powerful PSU, i'd take a look at the Silverstone's.

Their Decathlon series is modular up to 750watts. Which is what i'm using atm. And i've heard nothing but good reviews for Silvertsone. And so far i can't complain :)

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I have lived in an apartment with electricity all inclusive...
Now I don't and have to pay for it.
So I'm planning to use one system as my main machine... that will be on most of the day...

then build a low powered machine just to handle downloading torrents.
single drive...

I currently have a Q6600 OC to 3.6ghz.
2 Higpoint raid controllers one in each system currently... and plan to put both in 1 system...
also building a custom case that will hold 18 Drives. (water cooled)
so plan to buy some 1TB drives in the future....
I do a lot of video processing.... a few files 80 gig or more...
hence the need for space.

Currently in my machine I have 4 HD's in raid10. redundancy is important for me... data loss is unacceptable due to hardware failure...
I hope to control my own stupidity... backups or core stuff is done off site.

dobby I'll consider the 620hx as a possibility...
Corsair HX 1000W is a bit overkill.
and I'll look into the cable management for the Silverstone Decathlon

Thanks for the input.