Whenever I am plugging in the microphone at my laptop with windows vista, no sound is coming out of the microphone. Please tell me the whole prosedure so as to hear my voice from the microphone.
It is not supposed to come out of the microphone. Check in device manager to see if you have an error in Audio. Update the driver for Audio, and or follow these steps.
Trouble shoot Audio Problems.
1) -Make sure speakers are not muted.
2) -Make sure Windows Audio Service is set to Automatic & Started. (Run services.msc) Scroll down to Windows Audio Double click, start the service. And it should be set to "Automatic"
3) -Download & save to your desktop, Audio drivers for your computer model and Operating System from your Computer MFG Site. (Do not Install yet)
4) -Uninstall Audio Drivers in Device manager & Reboot.
5) -When new hardware is detected, point to desktop for drivers.