Files and Settings Transfer Wizard turns off computers

I have two eMachines both running Windows XP Home SP2 and would like to
transfer some files from one machine to another. However, after I run Files
and Settings Transfer Wizard on both computers, connect them with PC to PC
serial cable and click AUTODETECT, both machine turn off. What's wrong? How
can I transfer files from one machine to another using serial cable?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

    Hi Ilya,

    Are you trying to run it on both computers at the same time? You should only
    do it on one- not both. Be aware also that a serial connection is
    exceedingly slow, and the transfer may take several hours, if not days
    (depending on the amount of data to be transferred). The recipient machine
    must have a shared folder on it that the sender can write to as well. For
    more on using FAST, please see:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have two eMachines both running Windows XP Home SP2 and would like to
    >transfer some files from one machine to another. However, after I run Files
    >and Settings Transfer Wizard on both computers, connect them with PC to PC
    >serial cable and click AUTODETECT, both machine turn off. What's wrong? How
    >can I transfer files from one machine to another using serial cable?
    >
    > --
    > Ilya Zeldes
    > Fort Myers, Florida

Computers Cable Windows XP