SOUND VOLUME BEYOND 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyDoom Witch

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
H!

So finally I have to seek answers at a forum. I tried real hard, but was unable to find a way. The question is simple:

CAN WINDOWS SOUND VOLUME INCREASE BEYOND 100%? (Probably through registry?)

I play various games, and while I can increase the volume of my desktop speakers, in the headphones, the max volume seems low. I don't have a sound card installed, but have HD audio, drivers and all.

Thx

XP Pro x64
Realtek HD Audio

Well, you know, the other Windows, they only go to 10. But what if you want just a little more punch? That's why this Windows goes to 11.

Why not just make 10 louder?

If your audio is set to max, and your headphones are low, check if there is a volume control on the headphones. Either that or there is something wrong with your audio out, check to make sure you are using the correct port, maybe update the BIOS for the motherboard and drivers for the sound card.

HolyDoom Witch

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
No. All is all right, sometimes it happens, that in a certain game/music/video, though the volume would be good, but you would still wish if you could raise it a little bit. Remember this is not a hardware/driver/codec problem.

I want to know if it is possible to increase the volume through the registry.

HolyDoom Witch

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
All right. One way about which I forgot was to open the Realtek Control Panel and raise all the sliders of the equalizer (and save the new setting to load whenever needed). (This is quite effective.)

But still, is there another way through the registry?

Thx

You can't push your hardware past 100%, registry or no registry. I don't know if the software keeps volume settings in the registry though, try doing a search for your audio hardware in the registry and see what keys it pops up with.

You may want to check the volume settings in the programs you are using also. Remember that headphones are really rought on your hearing, you don't want to play them too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.