Sign in with
Your question

Windows wont boot, and ant get to system recovery or to load from cd :(

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 25, 2012 2:34:27 AM

Hello,
My computer has been working fine up until someone tripped the breaker. It powered on and went to the black screen saying your computer was improperly shut down, yada yada yada....I went to start windows as normal and it got stuck on the windows vista loading, turned off comp, and tried each of the other options....in any of the safe modes it gets to the crcdisk.sys and freezes, when I try last known good config it goes to the same loading screen and continues to try and load. I reset default settings in bios, Ive tried loading the recovery disk and cant get it to load. F11 system recovery doesnt work either. It is so frustrating...I was trying to trouble shoot it myself rather then taking it to the repair shop but right now thats looking like the only option. Please help :) 
May 25, 2012 9:22:43 AM

mizzhel said:
Hello,
My computer has been working fine up until someone tripped the breaker. It powered on and went to the black screen saying your computer was improperly shut down, yada yada yada....I went to start windows as normal and it got stuck on the windows vista loading, turned off comp, and tried each of the other options....in any of the safe modes it gets to the crcdisk.sys and freezes, when I try last known good config it goes to the same loading screen and continues to try and load. I reset default settings in bios, Ive tried loading the recovery disk and cant get it to load. F11 system recovery doesnt work either. It is so frustrating...I was trying to trouble shoot it myself rather then taking it to the repair shop but right now thats looking like the only option. Please help :) 

Google crcdisk.sys freeze - There are many, many possible fixes.
IMO, You now have a bad sector on the HDD. Can you slave it in another machine and run chkdsk or other diag on it ?

Did you make the CD 1st boot device when you tried loading from it ?
m
l
May 25, 2012 11:42:10 AM

Try Control-F11 instead of just F11. I just did that on a dell laptop today to get into the system restore.

mizzhel said:
F11 system recovery doesnt work either. It is so frustrating...I was trying to trouble shoot it myself rather then taking it to the repair shop but right now thats looking like the only option. Please help :) 

m
l
May 25, 2012 1:40:44 PM

What exactly happens when you try to do a restore? Sounds like the drive may have been damaged when the power went out. If you have a set of restore disks, try a new hard-drive.
m
l
Related resources
!