Sign in with
Your question

Why does my toshiba laptop over heat

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 25, 2012 6:47:50 PM

I have a toshiba satellite A205 I'm not sure if i need to any other information besides I had my laptop since 08 and a few mnths after I purchased it start just shutting off and I could not figure out why til I realized it was very hot. So I put my personalized fan beside it,now it stays on but still get hot. My question is it really the fans? and if it is can I just clean them? if so how?,or do I have to replace them?

More about : toshiba laptop heat

a b D Laptop
May 25, 2012 9:27:27 PM

Ad2332 said:
I have a toshiba satellite A205 I'm not sure if i need to any other information besides I had my laptop since 08 and a few mnths after I purchased it start just shutting off and I could not figure out why til I realized it was very hot. So I put my personalized fan beside it,now it stays on but still get hot. My question is it really the fans? and if it is can I just clean them? if so how?,or do I have to replace them?

Laptops will run hotter than PC under normal circumstances. Are your fans even running ? Open the Case. If you don't know how, download a service / user manual from Toshiba for your model.
m
l
May 31, 2012 1:11:03 AM

I have a 4 year old laptop. I'd recommend blowing out all the air intake/exhaust vents with a compressed air canister. If doing that doesn't get your laptop cooler under similar conditions, I would have someone experienced with computer repairs open up the laptop and clean out the dust, which is probably the cause of the overheating.

Otherwise, try not to really use it hard (high cpu/gpu use) and keep it out of the sun to help it stay cool.
m
l
!