Dazzy12

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
On reinstalling my Windows XP x86 and using Windows Update to get everything back uptodate to the present day. I am having serious problems getting my sound drivers to install. I have tried everything under the sun, also tried a few things which i found while roaming the internet (Mainly google searches for the problem).

Here is a snap of what happens when i try to install (Note: This happens with ANY versoon of the driver):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :).

Regards.

Daz.

You must install the Chipset drivers before the sound driver.

If you have an ATI chipset, there is one additional driver that you need to install because ATI/AMD in their infinite wisdom fails to install automatically, that driver being the SMBus driver. If you have an ATI/AMD chipset, the sound driver will not install until YOU install the SMBus driver.

Dazzy12

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Here's what i got back:

Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
Audio Driver for Intel® Desktop Board
Product Detected
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
Wireless Networking
Product Detected
Current Driver Installed
Wired Networking
Product Detected
Current Driver Installed 5.687.225.2008