sekharg2007

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008

Sorry Friend
My qustion is Hard Disk Writing Techniqe ok."Techniqe means Clock wise or Anti clock wise AND Left to Right or Right to Left"

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "left" or "right" in this context. Clockwise or counterclockwise is based on the spin motor alone, and not that relevant.

The main thing to know, as I said before, is that the standard pattern is from the outside to the inside.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
First, we need a frame of reference as in do you mean if we are looking at the platter from the top to down and watching it spin? I don't think hard drives spin both ways, clockwise and counterclockwise. It seems you are more interested in the mechanical function??

A hard drive is NOT like an old vinyl record, with data recorded sequentially from the outside in!
The OS may "prefer" to fill outside tracks first, but data can end up all over the disk; a defrag arranges all the blocks for each file contiguously, but that lasts only until files are edited, copied, or moved around again.
I still don't understand the question. What are you wanting to accomplish, that an answer will be meaningful?

No, but it is catalogued from the OD to the ID, with the lowest LBA on the outside and the highest LBA on the inside. If you ask something to sequentially read the whole disk, it will do so in exactly that order as well.