I use to be able to overclock my Q6600 G0 version on a P5N-D
my settings were roughly
8x multiplier
memory unlinked
1500 FSB
750 RAM
voltages slightly higher than normal
Stable at 3.0Ghz no issues

my graphis card had issues playing back videos and I thought it was the CPU so I went back to stock
then when fallout 3 came out my graphics card got seriously F'd up and couldn't even play the game for 3 mins.

I went and got a HD4870 and was so happy. knowing my CPU was not having any issues i decided to try overclocking again to max out my 3dmark06 score

I was able to get it to 3.2 ghz stable, a couple of days later i boot the computer and it booted stock.
I went into the bios and all the settings were set to stock, so I tried to over clock to a known stable but nothing.
I tried to increase settings by a hair but everything cpu related goes back to stock when booting. even just changing the multiplier to 8 and nothing stayed.

Any help would be very helpful.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Turn off PC and unplug.
Remove side panel and remove round battery on Motherboard while keeping skin contact with PC case. Wait a couple minutes & re-install battery. Bios will be now reset to default.
Re-try OC

You might want to mark the up side of the battery with a felt pen to ensure proper installation.

Other thing could be, if that CMOS battery is dead, that could cause the reset to default. Had that happen on a computer YEARS ago.

Could also simply trying switching your jumper to clear the CMOS and see if that works too. Which is essentially what knotknut is doing for you anyhow.

darkdragon2455

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Some how I was able to fix it.. after changing many random settings I think when I changed the overclocking settings from manual to standard something clicked and the settings updated.