Sign in with
Your question

Invalid partition table

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 27, 2012 2:14:39 PM

Hello,
I dont know what gonna do. i try to format my laptop (toshiba satelite L200) i accidentally choose to erase all data. and then the operating system is missing. So I reboot my laptop then invalid partition table appear. So i decided to choose other OS. and select a cd/dvd as a first boot but afterward my laptop will reboot again and in becomes black screen . what i gonna do. to recover my file. or what i gonna do install using other OS. pls help me to repair it. I dont know what i gonna do.

reign
a b D Laptop
May 27, 2012 3:59:34 PM

If the factory restore partition still exists you can try to do a factory restore. please consult your manual or toshiba's website on how to do this on your model. if you do not have this special partition then you will need to boot off of system restore discs or a windows installation disc to do a fresh install of windows.
m
l
a c 205 D Laptop
May 31, 2012 8:01:35 PM

Remove the drive from the laptop, install it as a second drive in a working computer, run a file recovery program like Recuva and see if it will pick up any files from the drive. Copy your files from the formatted drive.

Put the drive back,boot off your restore media, and run the setup of Windows again, install all the drivers for the hardware. Copy your files back to the computer.
m
l
!