Changed resolutions less artifacts at lower res but still there
Took off the PCs side door and put a FLOOR fan on the mobo to check cooling
Tested x1800 gto with Video Card Stability Test and scored a 212 out of a
posted 215

Then I had several bf2 memory errors

A reboot cleared up the artifacts temporarly
Artifacts are back :fou:

http://www.nbkgamers.com :pfff:

I will include screen shots so you can see what I am experiencing...

art1.jpg

art2.jpg

art3.jpg

art4.jpg

art5.jpg

art6.jpg

art7.jpg

art8.jpg

art9.jpg

:cry:

benaynay

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Fixed the artifacts by swapping the video output from the bottom card to the top card.....this puts the video output through the cooler card...still noticable flickering but artifacts are GONE! Thanks to everyone who read this thread! Any more thoughts anyone?

http://www.nbkgamers.com

benaynay

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Ok... Artifacts came back as the system heated up...I turned off crossfire and the artifacts went away.....anyone have any ideas? could it be a bios setting? my board is an ASUS M2R32-MVP with updated chip drivers

Dual X1800 GTOs Ideas?

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Hmm I would try opening the case and have a fan blowing at the cards. Sounds like they start to warm up too much and start to artifact. Also they are not OC'd right? Try playing around for a bit with the open case fan method to observe what happens. Also get and leave open HWmonitor www.cpuid.com and read the max temps when it starts to artifact.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Cooling and case airflow is very important, especially when you have two GPUs running. Glad to hear you have 'probably' fixed the problem!

benaynay

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
yeah very minor artifacts now but nothing like what i was experiencing before...i noticed the OC in CCC is set at the lowest possible settings....wonder if I could go lower or if there is something i am overlooking in the bios still

ATI Overdrive 500/495 current temp is 56C and it's right aftere a long game of BF2 and its dropping quick already down to 54 in as long as it took to type this

benaynay

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
MD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20GHz with 2.00 GB RAM

It's the very first thing I posted at the top of this thread.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
No, I meant your power supply. I am just curious if you have enough juice to run those two cards (plus everything else). Overheating/artifacting graphics can happen when there isn't enough power for the cards. Usually, it just crashes, but if you are on the border, it could just lead to some mild overheating and/or artifacts.