Sign in with
Your question

First PC Build. Doesn't turn on

Tags:
February 12, 2013 4:01:41 AM

So I've built my first gaming PC but I'm having a huge problem. When I press the power button, the fans and lights come on for a few seconds and then everything stops. A few seconds longer and it does it all again.

There are no beeps, nothing on the monitor (Doesn't appear to start booting up at all) The power supply was tested at the MSY store and works perfectly. The motherboard did have one of the pins bent where the CPU goes but the people at MSY fixed that and, right in front of me, attached it to their own cpu, psu and ram and it worked perfectly.

All the components are brand new purchased a few days ago. Nothing appears to be broken with anything. I took the motherboard out of the case and tested it on cardboard with only the PSU and CPU connected, same result.

I've spent easily 10 hours trying to fix this issue and searching online for the answer. I don't currently have the money to get it looked at by a technition since I literally spent all my money on the components over the last two days.

Specs are as follows:

Intel i5-3570K 3.4-3.8 GHz Ivy Bridge.
MSI Z77A-GD65 Z77 Motherboard
Corsair V2 ATX Power Supply Unit 700 watts

G.Skill-NT 16GB kit (8GBx2) DDR 3
Sandisk SSD Extreme 120GB
Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 1TB
MSI 2GB GTX 670 Nvidia GeForce

Please help me, I'm out of ideas

More about : build turn

!