Strange Monitor Noise

mattg14

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
I've been experiencing a high-pitched sound when my monitor is turned off. When I turn it on, the noise goes completely. I then turned it off and it comes back immediately. The sound is quite faint but its definitely noticeable.

I changed the power cable and that did nothing :(

Any ideas ? ?

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
yep i had the same thing with my old 17" lcd MAG monitor, i had to unplug the stupid thing at night just so i could fall asleep. it really pissed me off. then i got a brand new sansung 22" 220wm and the noises never came back. one of teh best purchases i ever made.

mattg14

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008

The sound goes as soon as i unplug the power cable. The monitor is a 17" LCD

mattg14

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
I tried to find the manufacturers website and it seems they are extinct. They probably had some really dodgy engineers working for them. Oh well, thanks for the advice, it seems like i have to forge out some more money towards a new one :( btw my disposed 15" LCD did the same thing as this one :S

Current monitor

Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Refresh rate: 60hz ( Max it supports )

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
it was most likely purchesed through some crappy company from an oem of the monitors, it was substandard to other companies that actually buy them, so what happeneed?, they're not wasted, just branded by some crappy company and sold 50 bucks cheaper. Best Buy does that with their monitors. i suggest buying a samsung or something just as good. i never heard of anybody complaining about this issue.