jan3ts

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Okay, i have a huge problem .. when i plug my tb external hard drive nothing appears except on the right where it shows that safety remove hardware.. it claims that its plugged in and ready to use .. but nothing else i alredy have the tb hard drive full and i really need these files can someone please help me ><

jan3ts

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

ive tried that but in there theres nothing

sub mesa

Distinguished
There is nothing? There is no start-menu? There is no My Computer? There is no Manage? There is no Disk Management? Or.... did you mean to say disk management couldn't find a disk?

Be more clear if you can.

sub mesa

Distinguished
I didn't say go look for the drive under My Computer, but instead to look for disk management, which will become visible after you right click my computer in the start-menu, and then select Manage. If your language differs, the names will differ as well of course.

jan3ts

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
ive already looked for it under disk management .. it does not HAVE it and yes its an external device ? i havent been able to locate the device .. it just recognises it only for when i want to disconnect it

Are there conflicts in the device manager? That is the first place to look. Look for yellow ! next to a device.

If no to ^, then see below.

If you connect it by USB, uninstall the usb root hubs in the device manager and restart.