Stupid mistake, can't display anything, stuck!

Oofgeg

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
I have 2 monitors, and I was trying to switch my display from both of them to just the one on the right so I could play my 360 on the other like I do all the time, but I accidentally chose some 3rd monitor that doesn't exist so now both monitors are blank. I tried booting up in safe mode and vga mode trying to switch it, but that part of the control panel doesn't open in those modes. I am completely lost and not sure what to do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
even i was never so stupid! no offence
do you have a onboard graphicscard? so you can pull out that one out of the case and try to boot it without the pci card.
do you have an other gpu? try to put that in so the pc has to detect new hardware and changes settings to default?

how did you pick 3rd screen? sli?

Lord Gornak

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
I would try uninstalling the video card drivers in safe mode. That should allow you to get a normal display in your OS after you exit safe mode and restart normally. Then you can reinstall the drivers.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I tried booting up in safe mode and vga mode trying to switch it, but that part of the control panel doesn't open in those modes. I am completely lost and not sure what to do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

on youtube there are trics for xp how to hack a non admin account to make it admin, maybe you can try it in save mode? sorry man i'm just a wanna be

Cant see a configuration any where so i dont know what you are running but what about system restore ?
Mactronix