The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.
My system hangs and slows to a crawl. Error seems to be well-known, and solution is to install the latest version of Intel Matrix Manager, which is 8.6.
Thus far, I've tried the following:
1. Reformat / reinstall. Helped, but problem not eliminated.
2. Ran SeaTools Disk Diagnostic. No issue.
3. Installed Intel Matrix STorage, most recent version 8.6. Should've fix prob, but didn't.
4. Upgraded Bios from 7.5 to 7.9.
5. Ran sfc /scannow.
6. Changed registry settings for iastor/LPM per website suggestion.
7. Installed 3 new 1TB SATA drives; only my system drive remains unchanged.
Problem is significnatly improved, but not eliminated. This problem is driving me crazy so I'd appreciate suggestions. From my perspective, only two items left to address;
1. Replace System drive, C:
2. Replace motherboard.
I have worked on hundreds of these problems. It boils down to the Bios setting of SATA configuration. In each of the cases I worked on I chaged the setting from IRRT to ATA and the problem was eliminated. We are working with Dell for a solution as this is only a temp fix for now.