okiyama

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
So here's my set up
Processor: Intel core 2 duo E8400
Mobo: dfi lanparty dk x38-t2r
ram: 4 gigs of patriot viper DDR 800

So I was hoping to get up to 4.4 Ghz Because I read on a site that they got to 4.4 stable with air cooling. I have liquid and it's a good rig so I figure I should not have a problem with getting up to 4.4 stable. My PSU can handle it for sure.

Possible problems:
Ram is only rated for 400 FSB (because it's DDR2 800) with a timing of 4-4-4-12 and I was wondering if I raise the timing if I could have a higher FSB. With the current FSB at a multiplier of 9 I think I max out at 3.6 Ghz.
Lots of people say that my mobo is great for OCing but newegg says "1333*/1066/800MHz
*Available only on CPUs that support 1333MHz FSB" so I'm wondering if I can raise the FS to something higher.

Basically I'm wondering, if I give myself some more loose timing on the RAM if I could raise the FSB past the DDR2 800 limits to get up to 4.4 Ghz.

Thanks for all your help, I'll check back here and if you guys wanna know anything more about my rig I'll give it all up.

I say loosen the RAM timings as high as they will go, and maybe raise the voltage a little, just not past 2.2v of course. After you have reached the limits of your CPU overclock then you can try lowering the the RAM timings and find the lowest point they are stable at.