New Video Card

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

VGW!

I should be getting my new video card this monday! I'm jonesin' for
some Tribes 2. Heck, I might even see if I can save up for Tribes
Vengeance since it's so cheap. :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> VGW!
>
> I should be getting my new video card this monday! I'm jonesin' for
> some Tribes 2. Heck, I might even see if I can save up for Tribes
> Vengeance since it's so cheap. :)
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

oh really?

get a job.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:33:59 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> VGW!
>>
>> I should be getting my new video card this monday! I'm jonesin' for
>> some Tribes 2. Heck, I might even see if I can save up for Tribes
>> Vengeance since it's so cheap. :)
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>oh really?
>
>get a job.

Easier said than done! :)

Getting a "job" is easy, really. Getting work in your field, in this
area of the country... not so easy.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

schrodinger

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:33:59 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> VGW!
>>>
>>> I should be getting my new video card this monday! I'm jonesin' for
>>> some Tribes 2. Heck, I might even see if I can save up for Tribes
>>> Vengeance since it's so cheap. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>>oh really?
>>
>>get a job.
>>

> Easier said than done! :)
>
> Getting a "job" is easy, really. Getting work in your field, in this
> area of the country... not so easy.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

I know you have mentioned this before - but what field do you work in?
Whereabouts are you?

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:19:09 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:33:59 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
>> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>oh really?
>>>
>>>get a job.
>>>

>> Easier said than done! :)
>>
>> Getting a "job" is easy, really. Getting work in your field, in this
>> area of the country... not so easy.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>I know you have mentioned this before - but what field do you work in?
>Whereabouts are you?

Southern Louisiana, USA. And I'm a computer tech.

--

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:19:09 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:
>
>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Easier said than done! :)
>>>
>>> Getting a "job" is easy, really. Getting work in your field, in this
>>> area of the country... not so easy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>>I know you have mentioned this before - but what field do you work in?
>>Whereabouts are you?
>>

> Southern Louisiana, USA. And I'm a computer tech.

Osnap, so I guess they already have a tech for that one computer. :^)
Dang, though, you must eat good, when you can afford it that is...

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:31:39 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:19:09 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I know you have mentioned this before - but what field do you work in?
>>>Whereabouts are you?
>>>

>> Southern Louisiana, USA. And I'm a computer tech.
>>

>Osnap, so I guess they already have a tech for that one computer. :^)
>Dang, though, you must eat good, when you can afford it that is...
>
>Quixote

Cooo, Daddy! Dat's some spicy gumbo, y'all!

This state is called the "Sportsman's Paradise". I've never seen an
American town with so few choices for pasty-white-geek entertainment.
There's one cinema. Chintzy little thing. Everyone would rather be out
hunting and fishing than using Usenet or being in an air conditioned
cinema.

So, where does that leave me? The palest nerd south of the
Mason-Dixon? In hell, that's where.

--

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:31:39 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Southern Louisiana, USA. And I'm a computer tech.
>>>

>>Osnap, so I guess they already have a tech for that one computer. :^)
>>Dang, though, you must eat good, when you can afford it that is...
>>
>>Quixote
>>

> Cooo, Daddy! Dat's some spicy gumbo, y'all!
>
> This state is called the "Sportsman's Paradise". I've never seen an
> American town with so few choices for pasty-white-geek entertainment.
> There's one cinema. Chintzy little thing. Everyone would rather be out
> hunting and fishing than using Usenet or being in an air conditioned
> cinema.
>
> So, where does that leave me? The palest nerd south of the
> Mason-Dixon? In hell, that's where.

I am over west on the Texas coast near Corpus Christi. Nice thing here is
you can do both, southern traditions and high tech. It is hard to find a
good Boudin though.

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:07:28 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:31:39 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Osnap, so I guess they already have a tech for that one computer. :^)
>>>Dang, though, you must eat good, when you can afford it that is...
>>>
>>>Quixote
>>>

>> Cooo, Daddy! Dat's some spicy gumbo, y'all!
>>
>> This state is called the "Sportsman's Paradise". I've never seen an
>> American town with so few choices for pasty-white-geek entertainment.
>> There's one cinema. Chintzy little thing. Everyone would rather be out
>> hunting and fishing than using Usenet or being in an air conditioned
>> cinema.
>>
>> So, where does that leave me? The palest nerd south of the
>> Mason-Dixon? In hell, that's where.
>>

>I am over west on the Texas coast near Corpus Christi. Nice thing here is
>you can do both, southern traditions and high tech. It is hard to find a
>good Boudin though.
>
>Quixote

The Mrs. and I are seriously contemplating moving back to the DFW
metroplex.

She's from here and got homesick. So, being married I compromised* and
moved down here.

Never thought I'd miss Texmex, but I sorely do. There's not a decent
mexican restaurant for a hundred miles down here.

* com·pro·mise (kom'pro-mize) n
1. a. A settlement of differences in which each side
makes concessions.
b.The result of such a settlement.
2. In marriage: to give in completely to the whim and will of the
female for the sake of retaining sanity.

e.g. She wants to watch Under the Tuscan Sun, you want to watch Return
of the King. You compromise and watch Under the Tuscan Sun.

--

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:07:28 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Cooo, Daddy! Dat's some spicy gumbo, y'all!
>>>
>>> This state is called the "Sportsman's Paradise". I've never seen an
>>> American town with so few choices for pasty-white-geek entertainment.
>>> There's one cinema. Chintzy little thing. Everyone would rather be out
>>> hunting and fishing than using Usenet or being in an air conditioned
>>> cinema.
>>>
>>> So, where does that leave me? The palest nerd south of the
>>> Mason-Dixon? In hell, that's where.
>>>

>>I am over west on the Texas coast near Corpus Christi. Nice thing here is
>>you can do both, southern traditions and high tech. It is hard to find a
>>good Boudin though.
>>
>>Quixote
>>

> The Mrs. and I are seriously contemplating moving back to the DFW
> metroplex.
>
> She's from here and got homesick. So, being married I compromised* and
> moved down here.
>
> Never thought I'd miss Texmex, but I sorely do. There's not a decent
> mexican restaurant for a hundred miles down here.
>
> * com·pro·mise (kom'pro-mize) n
> 1. a. A settlement of differences in which each side
> makes concessions.
> b.The result of such a settlement.
> 2. In marriage: to give in completely to the whim and will of the
> female for the sake of retaining sanity.
>
> e.g. She wants to watch Under the Tuscan Sun, you want to watch Return
> of the King. You compromise and watch Under the Tuscan Sun.

You should do well married, you certainly have the routine down. :^)

Quixote