Compatiblity of microtek scanmaker 3700 with windows 7

hektor86

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I had the same problem with the Microtek ScanMaker 4900, here's how i solve it.
after i installed the software and driver for my scanner on a windows xp machine i used a program called "double driver" to make a backup of my drivers on the xp machine and i only selected the scanner driver in the list for the backup and unselected everything else, all these in the double driver program, then i selected the output folder to save the backup and then i copied the backup to the memory stick and then on the windows 7 machine plug the scanner and it won't be recognized well, just go to the device manager and on the scanner with a question mark or exclamation in your scanner right click on the mouse and select update driver, now go to the path on the folder in your memory stick where are located the driver files of the backup that you did before on the xp machine and that's it, all u have 2 to is installing the software that controls the scanner.

it worked 4 me, i hope this works 4 u

grettins from México :bounce:

sarsakht

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

thanks for your answer, i will be try it.

nordin_ibrahim

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Hi hektor86,

I tried your method, and very happy to say that it worked for me as well.

Previously, after many attempts, I had given up installing the Windows XP Microtek ScanMaker 4900 driver on my Windows 7 laptop. I bought a new Windows 7-compatible flatbed scanner.

However, using your method, my ScanMaker 4900 scanner, bought 8 years ago in 2005, is now usable again.

Thanks !!