Xp tablet on desktop

Hello,
Can i install XP Tablet OS on a Desktop computer. Will it work with a regular keyboard? Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about tablet desktop
  1. It's your experiment, let us know how it goes...
  2. I'm intrigued to know why anyone would want to do this.
  3. Ijack said:
    I'm intrigued to know why anyone would want to do this.

I know I can get OEM XP Tablet OS disk for $20.00 !! For my customer's PC / don't want to circumvent Activation. Do you know of OEM XP home & XP Pro available around that price? that would work too :)
  4. In that case, buy a copy and try. What have you got to lose? ($20, but that's not a big deal.)

I would have to say that, for a customer, I wouldn't install an OS that is now out of support.
  5. Ijack said:
    In that case, buy a copy and try. What have you got to lose? ($20, but that's not a big deal.)

I would have to say that, for a customer, I wouldn't install an OS that is now out of support.

After phoning the company that was selling the tablet OS, I learned that it is labeled as "downgrade".
    Assuming this means Vista or 7 must be present . . . . I can't use it anyway (now). Oh well!!!
    Oh,and as for it being out of support, my "customers" are my step grand-daughter and and a young man thats a friend of my grandson. Both were told that I wasn't really working PC's anymore (did it for 30 years).
    She had a blue screen issue with xp pro on her laptop; of coarse , no OS disk.
    He had Vista and begged to go back to XP Home; He gave my a Dell disk for an HP desktop.

I REALLY would prefer to NOT service PC's but its hard to say NO. :)
    TMI ????? Thanks for your comments
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP Desktops Tablets Computers Keyboards Product