Sign in with
Your question

Xp tablet on desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
August 12, 2010 6:51:47 AM

Hello,
Can i install XP Tablet OS on a Desktop computer. Will it work with a regular keyboard? Thanks

More about : tablet desktop

August 12, 2010 7:35:30 AM

It's your experiment, let us know how it goes...
m
l
August 12, 2010 7:51:55 AM

I'm intrigued to know why anyone would want to do this.
m
l
Related resources
August 12, 2010 9:27:30 AM

Ijack said:
I'm intrigued to know why anyone would want to do this.

I know I can get OEM XP Tablet OS disk for $20.00 !! For my customer's PC / don't want to circumvent Activation. Do you know of OEM XP home & XP Pro available around that price? that would work too :) 
m
l
August 12, 2010 11:27:11 AM

In that case, buy a copy and try. What have you got to lose? ($20, but that's not a big deal.)

I would have to say that, for a customer, I wouldn't install an OS that is now out of support.
m
l
August 12, 2010 3:03:13 PM

Ijack said:
In that case, buy a copy and try. What have you got to lose? ($20, but that's not a big deal.)

I would have to say that, for a customer, I wouldn't install an OS that is now out of support.

After phoning the company that was selling the tablet OS, I learned that it is labeled as "downgrade".
Assuming this means Vista or 7 must be present . . . . I can't use it anyway (now). Oh well!!!
Oh,and as for it being out of support, my "customers" are my step grand-daughter and and a young man thats a friend of my grandson. Both were told that I wasn't really working PC's anymore (did it for 30 years).
She had a blue screen issue with xp pro on her laptop; of coarse , no OS disk.
He had Vista and begged to go back to XP Home; He gave my a Dell disk for an HP desktop.

I REALLY would prefer to NOT service PC's but its hard to say NO. :) 
TMI ????? Thanks for your comments
m
l
!