Xiggy vs Noctua push-pull

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I know this belongs in the heatsink section but this area gets more activity and well....whatever. Anyways

Ive been trying to find some info/comparisons on the Noctua NH-U12P with using two fans in push-pull. I only found one benchmark and it was kind of scetchy or inconclusive, also Frostytech only test it with 1 fan. Basically I want to see how it does against the Xiggy S1283 on a Q6600 OCed. Personal experience with the Noctua is welcomed too.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
lol i just click on the "overclocking" section instead of any of the subsections... saves browsing time :)

as for the question... My S1283 and S963 both get no extra performance when the fan is on high, or low. the fin density is just not there. If xigmatek doubled the fins or made them copper it would certainly beat a lapped TRUE.

so because of this, i really doubt whether push/pull would yield ANY performance benefits... anyway you should have an exhaust fan near it anyway so it's almost push/pull as it is :lol:

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the info both of you.

Ive seen that top-down cooler before, but ive always read in benchmarks that top-down coolers are inferior to towers? Over the past 2 or 3 days ive actually found some good reviews that contradict others, as ive been wanting to buy the Enzotech Extreme-X for months now. A. it looks awesome, and B. blow down will cool my mosfets and memory.