Advice needed on my first Pc build

Must_die

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2008
Well i been having for the past 2 months searching for hardware advice,their specs and prices ! Since am still a student and Mum dont want to buy a new Pc ,am stucked with an old PC running at 1.7 ghz and 1280 Ram ddr400 that i have been updating ,Radeon 9550 128mb and a pretty nice board A7v8x-x of his time.
I put a goal to myself that after 5 years am going to change Pc so that 's what am doing after pretty much research i decided to build my first Own Pc myself. Here are the specs

Amd Athlonx2 5000+ 2.6ghz $77
Asus M2A-Vm $67
Dane-elec 1G ddr2 800 Mhz $47
Hdd Samsung 160G 7200Rpm 8mb cache ,sata2 $92
Sapphire radeon 2600xt 512 gddr3 $96

Well i bought my pc components from lot of countries :s
from Hong kong ,France ,Mauritius
All this cost me around $ 319 ,well in rupees 8294 Rs which unbelievable to get a dual core at that cost in my country =Mauritius (retarded country)
Well for $461 in my country you can get a p4 running at 3.4ghz ,512mb ram ddr400,80gb Hdd Maxtor IDE, and a geforcefx5200 with a stupid board .

i did like to Know if my New Pc will have good performance or not for todays Games and applications .I am not asking of excellent performance
but am going to overclock the 5000+ to 3.0ghz .
As am fascinated by overclocking too i overclock my old amd 2000+ to 2.0ghz which is stable.

Can someone plz advice me If my computer meets todays requirements ?
and what upgrades could be done to improve its performance greatly either in buying other parts or overclocking.

akhilles

Splendid
I'm sorry, but your mother might have a reason: if you focus on education & you get a high-paying job, you can have ANY PC you want... or you can spend most of your time on a cheap, lackluster paperweight for a long while.

The pc is ok. Is the cpu black edition? If yes, you'll need a cpu cooler. You should've picked up a Biostar T-Force 550/560/770/780 which is a budget overclocking mobo. I think you should buy used parts locally for cheap. Like ebay. If you look hard enough, you can find good parts.