Error message while searching

beans

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

When I type in a search engine, google.com for example, and then type any
word, I get an error message saying, "Error Page Assistant". What is the
problem?

This is not my computer with Windows XP, I am trying to fix it for a friend.
Any help would be appreciated.

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 06:18:02 -0700, beans wrote:

> When I type in a search engine, google.com for example, and then type any
> word, I get an error message saying, "Error Page Assistant". What is the
> problem?
>
> This is not my computer with Windows XP, I am trying to fix it for a friend.
> Any help would be appreciated.

"Error page assistant" is not wording found at the Google site. Either your
friend has installed a search add-on or their search functions were
hijacked.

I searched at google and results showed that this error message is from
something called "Navexcel." Reference:

It can be removed using a Spybot Search and Destroy. Install the program
and before running, update it with the current definitions.
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User