Sign in with
Your question

Labtopvery slow

Last response: in Windows XP
August 12, 2010 11:35:08 AM

I have a travelmate 2423wxci and ive been having problems with it being really being slow.So i put a fresh copy of windows xp on it ran all the updates and still having same prob,when i change websites or scroll down or up it kind of rolls up and down the page instead of just smoothly slideing down the page and when i change websites it takes forever i will change but it takes forever to load.my youngest son sometime ago took the service packs out trying to make room on the cp,thats the kicker he didnt know that that was a big part of the cp.So i went back and got all that and installed a fresh windows xp ANY IDEAS? i put new service pack in

More about : labtopvery slow

August 12, 2010 1:53:13 PM

Could of things can be wrong.

After you install Windows, you need to download all of the drivers for your laptop model. Go online to the manufacturer's web site and get the drivers from there. Most likely your video drivers are running on base VGA and not the correct ones for your laptop.

That laptop looks to only come with 256MB of RAM, if you never upgraded it, you should do so. You want AT LEAST 512MB for XP, 1 gig will be much better.

If you wiped it and installed a new Windows on it, you already have a blank slate there, so you can take this opportunity to install a larger hard drive, which should also be a bit faster than the original.

!