Yeah, i just lost the ability to burn DVDs on my computer :(

huyness

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
first, nero 6.6 says i need to install "burnrights" cause i don't have administrator privileges and it couldn't detect my dvd burners. So I installed it, and that didn't work. uninstalled nero 6.6 and tried nero 9 and got the same problem.

Next I installed two different dvd recording programs, CDBurnerXP and Infrarecorder, both of which can't detect my dvd burners.and now i just notice that dvd decrypter can't find them either.

I have two burners, one SATA and one IDE which was working fine as of yesterday and now for some unknown reason, i can't burn anything. I can still use them to read data, AND still burn a music cd with itunes. weird huh?

i was recently hit with the trojan.vundo.h virus but i don't think that's the culprit. any suggestions?

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Set yourself as the Administrator, under the user management page. Or you can rt click My Computer, Manage, Local Users and Groups, Groups, Administrators, Add, then type your username.

*EDIT* Also download AVG Free, install it, patch it, then run a full system scan ASAP! Norton 360 is garbage if that is what you have, same with CrapaFEE.

huyness

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009

i am an administrator. i always have been. i'm using symantec antivirus. i also use malwarebytes antimalware and that successfuly removed the virus.

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
You haven't completely killed the trojan - try superantispyware, run it multiple times and allow it to reboot in between.