windows updates?

frankramiro

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Hi, guys. i have a question about Windows updates,are they safe? and should i have it on automatic updates,or should i have it shut off,i had it open for auto and it keeps sending and installing protections fot the windows, i have Verizon suite security system installed, do i really need windows protections? also what yahoo tool bar should i install so i can get the Inglish Dictionary.also i tried too install win rar but still canot open the cdr tv sckematics that i have. thanks in advance and Merry christmas to everybody.

jeanluclariviere

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Hi Frank,
Windows update are safe - you can keep it on automatic, or if you'd prefer not to it's entirely up to you. You may occasionally run into a few issues that prompt you to update, in which case you can simply grab the update online yourself.

Personally, I like to have it prompt me with an update, where I can choose wether I'd like to apply it or not.

Also, as for yahoo bars, well - I wouldn't recommend them. Dictionary.com has it's own toolbar that I much prefer. And isn't a CDR file for Corel Draw ?

You'd need to get that first, or possibly a free corel draw file viewer ?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=corel+draw+file+viewer&meta=