Wireless Router Problem! Help needed! Please

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Hey all,

I've got a Belkin Wireless G+ Mimo Router which I've had for about 2-3 years. Its been a great router, giving excellent signal strenght and internet speeds all around my house, outside and even in my garage!

Up until recently, I'ce started to have troubles with connectivity etc. My PC upstairs which is wired to the router via ethernet works fine, but my laptop and other desktop which is connected wirelessly are having trouble connecting.

Im on my laptop now, which is, for the moment, connected wirelessly. But to get it to connect up, I have had to remove the router security! When I have the security on, it doesnt work (It can see the network, but it wont connect). I have tried different settings such as different wireless channels, different security keys and types, had protected mode on and off (Its off atm) and Ive even tried just using the default router settings and putting on a security key, but it just doesnt seem to work if I have security enabled.

Im stumped, and Im starting to think I may need to buy a new router?

I have a range extender, so i tried that to see if there was an trouble with the range but still a no go.

Any Ideas?

Cheers,

Nick

G

See if you can detect any neighbouring wifi networks and move to a channel 5 or more stops from the strongest ones.

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
I can detect neighbouring wifi networks - I've tried on different channels already with security on but with no hope :(

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your reply FiHart, much appreciated