Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

I use outlook express for my news reader. When I do a new post things are
fine, if I do a reply to group and hit send the normal dialog box comes up
but with all fields empty and cannot post. I am going to reinstall outlook
express, but any ideas and not go to outlook forum. Thanks, Jim

"Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote in message
> I use outlook express for my news reader. When I do a new post things
> are fine, if I do a reply to group and hit send the normal dialog box
> comes up but with all fields empty and cannot post. I am going to
> reinstall outlook express, but any ideas and not go to outlook forum.
> Thanks, Jim

Have you tried clicking the left most button?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

What normal dialog box? Does anything show in the outbox? any error
messages?

"Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote in message
>I use outlook express for my news reader. When I do a new post things are
> fine, if I do a reply to group and hit send the normal dialog box comes up
> but with all fields empty and cannot post. I am going to reinstall outlook
> express, but any ideas and not go to outlook forum. Thanks, Jim

To reply to a post, double click the post you want to reply to, then click
"Reply" button (top left in the message window), this should put in the TO
field, the newsgroup(s) you're replying to and possibly the news-server
you're connected to e.g. news.microsoft.com or whatever.

The original poster's answer/question/response will appear in the message
area, you just need to type in your response.

"Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote in message
>I use outlook express for my news reader. When I do a new post things are
> fine, if I do a reply to group and hit send the normal dialog box comes up
> but with all fields empty and cannot post. I am going to reinstall outlook
> express, but any ideas and not go to outlook forum. Thanks, Jim

Maybe "Reply Group" instead of "Reply"? Reply would try to send an email to
the poster.

"Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
> To reply to a post, double click the post you want to reply to, then click
> "Reply" button (top left in the message window), this should put in the TO
> field, the newsgroup(s) you're replying to and possibly the news-server
> you're connected to e.g. news.microsoft.com or whatever.
>
> The original poster's answer/question/response will appear in the message
> area, you just need to type in your response.
>

> "Jimbo" <Jimbo@myvine.com> wrote in message
> >I use outlook express for my news reader. When I do a new post things are
> > fine, if I do a reply to group and hit send the normal dialog box comes
up
> > but with all fields empty and cannot post. I am going to reinstall
outlook
> > express, but any ideas and not go to outlook forum. Thanks, Jim

In
Andrew Murray <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> typed:

> To reply to a post, double click the post you want to reply to,
> then
> click "Reply" button (top left in the message window), this
> should
> put in the TO field, the newsgroup(s) you're replying to and
> possibly
> the news-server you're connected to e.g. news.microsoft.com or
> whatever.

No, this isn't correct. First, to reply to a post, it's not
necessary to double-click the message to open it. You can read it
in the preview screen and reply from there.

Second, and most important, clicking "Reply" sends a reply by
E-mail to the sender. To reply to the *newsgroup* you need to
click "Reply Group."

> The original poster's answer/question/response will appear in
> the
> message area,

Maybe. This is not automatic, but a configurable option. It will
appear only if you have that option chosen.

Please reply to the newsgroup