maddcowz13

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
I bought a 8800gt with 512ram a couple of weeks ago and when I installed it I had little heat issue but it went away when it got cooler outside.But now because its getting hotter out I was wondering is Liquid cooling hard to install and to is the up keep easy .Also if anyone knows a good system please post the link. Thank you for help

Pc specs
Amd Athlon X2 5400
2gbs rams
500gb hard drives
635watt psu
8800gt with 512ram

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
If your having a cooling issue, all you should have to do is download RivaTuner and turn your fan up a little. Unless of course your ambient temp is really high. What's the room temp in your computer room?

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
90-91F? Is that the GPU chip or the GPU chipset? Or the internal case temp? Most of us talk in C here. 91f is nothing at all. Many who have the 8800gt show temps while gaming of 80C+ on the GPU chip, which is close to boiling water.

What program are you using to monitor temps? Coretemp, ATITool? Rivatuner? What game are you playing?

Sounds like you know very little about PC's. WC isn't for you then. WCing starts at about $250 for a decent system to cool the CPU/GPU, and can cost $600 easy.

maddcowz13

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
its my case temp and I understand is not that bad for the video card I have. But I prefer to be on the save side and not have to worry about it

sailer

Splendid
Since its the case temp, you could add a couple fans for better airflow to cool things off. Anything more than that and you might be able to buy a case with more fans, as Aevm suggested for less money and hassle. Look for 120mm fans, as they move more air and are usually quieter.