New Pioneer DVD/Rom not working - please help

Edi

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
hello!

i have some problems with my new dvd burner
i bought a pioneer dvd burner, and conected it finally, and i cannot burn any disc, the device is working, in device manager it says "the device is working propertly". i cannot use any software for burning (Nero, CloneCD, imgBurn)

eh now, i have connected my drive and try to burn some .iso files on imgBurn
i got a screenshot right here
2livbyt.jpg

please can anybody help me with that, i am so pissed, i have spend so much cash on my burner, and soo many on my DVD+R DL discs, becouse i burn on dual layers.

Please if somebody can help me i would be much thankfull, i am so pissed right now :D

cheers

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Which burner(DVD burners are dirt cheap...) and what DVD+R DL disk(use DVD Identifier to get ID)?
I have a few cake boxes of DVD+R DL blanks, although they're nowhere as cheap as plain DVD+R they aren't that expensive as you describe them to be.

i cannot use any software for burning (Nero, CloneCD, imgBurn)
What error did Nero spit out? Burning failed?

Edi

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
nope, nothing, i said that in tha post up there, maybe is my system wrong,
i am building a new computer now, it will be a monster, i will try then, maybe is my motherboard wrong, i dont know,
becouse my old burner works ok, yesterday i was burning some DVDs and it was OK

what do you think, anybody?

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
You got a dud - it happens. I've read some pretty bad reviews of Pioneer's quality control of late. You could try updating the firmware, but there is no guarantee it will have any effect.

Edi

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009

sorry, but what is a DUD, i am not such in computer hardware and software :S

i live in thought that my software is wrong for that and maybe the motherboard
cuz i am now getting some new computer, and i hope it will work on new one,

i have heard that the pioneer burners are a quite good ones, not the best but in that range :S

TRENDING THREADS