32GB micro SD: As Reliable as Smaller Cards?

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Planning to get a 32GB microSD card. Was wondering how reliable they are compared to smaller capacity microSDs? I'm assuming that since more data is crammed into the same space, there must be a higher chance for reading or writing errors right?

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
That's up to the individual products I believe (not brand btw).
But generally I wouldn't expect them to be less reliable. I recently bought a Patriot 16GB microSDHC and so far it's been as reliable as the 8GB one. They do have to go through the same QA procedures afterall.

That SanDisk 32GB microSDHC engineering sample has me drooling all over since seeing it! LOL

le13enforce

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
What they said OP. You also have to check if your gadget can support SDHC of up to 32GB. No point in spending significantly for a card that won't work with your stuff.

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
If something was made with SD2.0 spec. then it HAS to support 32GB regardless. Technically if you find a product that doesn't support it you can sue the company that made it I believe. It's all in the software/firmware, even between SD1.0 and SD2.0/SDHC.
I have not found a product made with SD2.0 spec. that doesn't support 32GB or 16GB microSDHC yet. It doesn't matter what the product page says.

SDXC is a totally different beast I think.