Master Server strangness...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 9, 2005 10:36:12 PM

Something is afoot with the Master Server and Tribes 2!

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

It's Vivendi! I knew you couldn't trust the French... cheese eating
surrender monkeys!

Or it could just be your standard, run of the mill technical glitch.

But I'd rather blame the French! :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

In article <4gel01haeh0d0go1s42ug4moqh0ecn0jp0@4ax.com>,
tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
> But I'd rather blame the French! :)

This is new...

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:20:02 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <4gel01haeh0d0go1s42ug4moqh0ecn0jp0@4ax.com>,
>tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
>> But I'd rather blame the French! :)
>
>This is new...

;)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 14, 2005 7:35:49 PM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:20:02 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
> <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:
>
>>In article <4gel01haeh0d0go1s42ug4moqh0ecn0jp0@4ax.com>,
>>tribesfan@hotmail.com says...
>>> But I'd rather blame the French! :)
>>
>>This is new...
>
> ;)

;@
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:06:33 AM

> Something is afoot with the Master Server and Tribes 2!

The T1 servers are purportedly down. (I don't play that one.) But someone
at TribalWar reports running his own master server. Just change your prefs
file to use that instead of the "official" one. Back up your server lists
beforehand as the client erases it when you change master servers.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:18:51 AM

"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Something is afoot with the Master Server and Tribes 2!
>
> The T1 servers are purportedly down. (I don't play that one.) But someone
> at TribalWar reports running his own master server. Just change your prefs
> file to use that instead of the "official" one. Back up your server lists
> beforehand as the client erases it when you change master servers.

Apparently the same servers run for T1 and T2 now, and both have been down
from what I read. I found this out when I tried to fire up T2 out of
curiosity last night.

Quixote
!