Please Help SH-S223Q

Hey i need some help i am just about to purchase the Samsung SH S223Q and have read some stuff about its incompatability with xp i really wanna get this drive but if it will not work than i do not want it please if you have any info at all about this with xp please respond my next best option is The DVR-216DBK from pioneer Thank you in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about please s223q
  1. I don't know where you read that, but that drive is fine in xp.
  2. As aford10 said, never heard such thing. But the community/users at CDFreaks have been reporting higher failure rates than usual.
    LiteOn DH-20A3S and Sony AD7200S0/NEC Optiarc AD-7200S(same thing) are other cheap reliable alternatives.
  3. Thank you for the very useful info
  4. Optiarcs are also good drives. I use one right now w/ xp. Optical drives are pretty much all the same, they either work or don't.
  5. aford10 said:
    Optiarcs are also good drives. I use one right now w/ xp. Optical drives are pretty much all the same, they either work or don't.

I have one as well. I bought it recently so I could use it on a SATA-only motherboard and to flash with Liggy&Dee firmware. It's one hell of a drive for what they cost now compared to last year.
    Picked it up locally for only =$28.6.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers Windows XP Samsung Storage