Sign in with
Your question

Where is this "S3 400" that will run Crysis at full.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Resolution
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2008 3:47:00 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe says in a thread that this "S3 400" will be able to run Crysis in very High resolution.

Is it available? If its so good why hasn't it been talked about before (or tested for running Crysis) here.

Is it on its way to market?

I want to be able to run Crysis at its highest and I am waiting for a card whether ATI/Nvidia or whatever to do it.

More about : 400 run crysis full

April 19, 2008 4:01:28 AM

geoff said:
TheGreatGrapeApe says in a thread that this "S3 400" will be able to run Crysis in very High resolution.

Is it available? If its so good why hasn't it been talked about before (or tested for running Crysis) here.

Is it on its way to market?

I want to be able to run Crysis at its highest and I am waiting for a card whether ATI/Nvidia or whatever to do it.

I did not see Apes post, but he may have been being sarcastic when saying that considering that the series only runs a 64bit memory bus if I am correct, but I could be wrong. Alas, maybe he will see the thread and have better answers for you.

Best,

3Ball
April 19, 2008 4:15:46 AM

It might run it maxed out at 640x480, but I doubt it. That is designed for low power consumption and HD video playback. 64bit memory interface not a chance. Trust me if there was a card out there that would run Crysis maxed out, we would all know about. That card would be in every benchmark.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2008 4:30:58 AM

Yes Ape, we all want to know, how good is the S3?
April 19, 2008 5:18:05 AM

S3 is waiting to see what Matrox is going to offer before showing their cards. ;) 
April 19, 2008 5:50:17 AM

What he meant was you would need 400 of them to run Crysis on Ultra High.
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2008 5:59:23 AM

I actually searched everything related to S3 and the Chrome 400. In not one of his post did he mentioned Crysis at all. Honestly, if you're going to talk about a thread, at least post the link for no link means no proof far as I'm concerned.
April 19, 2008 6:02:21 AM

I have thought about this card myself but decided on a Voodoo 3 64mb.
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2008 6:04:56 AM

I miss Voodoo. They did make some great cards.
April 19, 2008 6:14:03 AM

Yes they did.

I did find some benchmarks on the S3 its in chinese but the graphs are in english. Looks like it holds its own against some midrange cards but wouldn't come close to the high end cards.

http://diy.yesky.com/vga/484/8040484_5.shtml
April 19, 2008 6:49:00 AM

3Ball said:
I did not see Apes post, but he may have been being sarcastic when saying that considering that the series only runs a 64bit memory bus if I am correct, but I could be wrong. Alas, maybe he will see the thread and have better answers for you.

Best,

3Ball

This is ape's quote from the post.
"The S3 400 will definitely play Crysis at Very High setttings/resolution, and maybe those R700/T200/Larabeee things if they're put together in multi-card solutions."

He seems serious to me. Though I only scanned through the thread as there was a lot of bickering.
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2008 8:29:11 AM

Its a long standing joke about S3 chrome matrox cards. Theyre primarily used for a cheap solution to run multiple monitors, or light gaming. They arent considered "real" gaming cards. If you read enuff on hear, youll pick up on alot of things, I just wish I could get rid of some of it, but it just wont go away...
April 19, 2008 9:02:57 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
If you read enuff on hear, youll pick up on alot of things, I just wish I could get rid of some of it, but it just wont go away...
Stop going into the "other" section and you will be OK. :lol: 
!