We've gone dead again...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 10, 2005 12:20:30 PM

Hello?

What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?

Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
letter. Whoohoo!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

More about : dead

February 10, 2005 7:32:57 PM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello?
>
> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?

Why, is someone offering lint for giving it up? Is it used lint, or new?

> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
> letter. Whoohoo!
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

I will give you a woo and a yay for your good news.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:59:34 PM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello?
>
> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?
>
> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
> letter. Whoohoo!
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Congrats!
February 10, 2005 11:02:42 PM

Smeghead wrote:

> Hello?
>
> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?

Busy busy busy. School started, doing two projects (both rated at
40hr/week) and part-time job, and I still have to finish the report for
my internship...

> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
> letter. Whoohoo!

General woo's and yay's from this end, as well.
February 11, 2005 12:30:43 PM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:02:42 +0100, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>
>> Hello?
>>
>> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?
>
>Busy busy busy. School started, doing two projects (both rated at
>40hr/week) and part-time job, and I still have to finish the report for
>my internship...

Two full-time jobs and a part-time with a report due. I think you need
to add one more "busy" to your itinerary description.

What are you? Jamaican? "One job? Wat kind of laaaazy bastard 'as only
one job, mon?"

>> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
>> letter. Whoohoo!
>
>General woo's and yay's from this end, as well.

Thank you, it's a bit of a relief.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello?
>
> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?
>
> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
> letter. Whoohoo!
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

my phone line fell out of the pole.
February 12, 2005 5:25:06 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:25:05 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello?
>>
>> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?
>>
>> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
>> letter. Whoohoo!
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>my phone line fell out of the pole.

Yipes.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:06:14 -0600, Smeghead wrote:

> Yipes.

No need for a "yipes", it's just a typical BT 'engineer' workmanship. ;)

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:25:05 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello?
>>>
>>> What? Did everyone give up usenet for Lint?
>>>
>>> Hey, I got a job! Starts the 22nd. Just emailed off the acceptance
>>> letter. Whoohoo!
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>>my phone line fell out of the pole.
>>

> Yipes.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

thank the lord for BT.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 6:19:18 PM

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:13:58 GMT, Hellmark wrote:

> No, the box stayed dry, and the water was getting onto a bare spot in the
> line.

Hence me saying that rainwater was affecting your service.

> Even the phone company admitted it, but they didnt want to fix it
> because it would have cost too much when they knew the house was
> probably gonna be sold and torn down.

Remind me never to answer a query of yours again.

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1½
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 6:32:13 PM

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:13:58 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>
>> No, the box stayed dry, and the water was getting onto a bare spot in the
>> line.
>
> Hence me saying that rainwater was affecting your service.
>
>> Even the phone company admitted it, but they didnt want to fix it
>> because it would have cost too much when they knew the house was
>> probably gonna be sold and torn down.
>
> Remind me never to answer a query of yours again.

that's gonna be hard,
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:10:57 PM

> What Up/Down bandwidth does everyone here get? What kind of connection
> do you have?
>
> I have a cable modem with an asynchronous 256 Kilobit Upstream and 3
> Megabit Downstream. And I still can't play Tribes well enough. :)

I have close to you, 3000/300.

Quixote
February 14, 2005 1:09:25 AM

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:57 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What Up/Down bandwidth does everyone here get? What kind of connection
>> do you have?
>>
>> I have a cable modem with an asynchronous 256 Kilobit Upstream and 3
>> Megabit Downstream. And I still can't play Tribes well enough. :)
>>

>I have close to you, 3000/300.
>
>Quixote

I remember reading about an ISP that ran fiber to your home, it was
somewhere in California.

They have a whole integrated fiber optic package with your phone, TV,
radio, Internet, etc. all bundled up with their service.

The sweet thing about it was they offer 11Mb synchronous.

With eleven megs both ways, I'd be running me some Tribes servers. :)

One would be a HV clone with HV members permabanned. All the stuff
that people evidently love about HV, without the disfunctional and
hypocritical administration.

Speakeasy.net has 6Mb DSL. I was going to get them when I moved down
here to Cajun Hell, but my house is not within DSL range. So I'm
"Stuck" with a mere 3Mb, which is still the fastest personal
connection I've ever had.

And with the populous down here more interested in fishin' than fiber,
looks like double digit downloads delayed indefinitely.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Smeghead wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:02:42 +0100, Frank van Schie
> <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
>
>>Busy busy busy. School started, doing two projects (both rated at
>>40hr/week) and part-time job, and I still have to finish the report for
>>my internship...
>

> Two full-time jobs and a part-time with a report due. I think you need
> to add one more "busy" to your itinerary description.

The two fulltime projects are for school, so not actually jobs. I pay to
do them. Ah well. The parttime brings in the mulah.

> What are you? Jamaican? "One job? Wat kind of laaaazy bastard 'as only
> one job, mon?"

Yes, I resemble a Jamaican, with my pasty white complexion, dumpy build
and all the sense of rhythm as a one-legged tap-dancer.
February 14, 2005 4:19:25 AM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:19:24 +0100, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:02:42 +0100, Frank van Schie
>> <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
>>
>>>Busy busy busy. School started, doing two projects (both rated at
>>>40hr/week) and part-time job, and I still have to finish the report for
>>>my internship...
>>

>> Two full-time jobs and a part-time with a report due. I think you need
>> to add one more "busy" to your itinerary description.
>
>The two fulltime projects are for school, so not actually jobs. I pay to
>do them. Ah well. The parttime brings in the mulah.

Still, add that extra busy, 'k?

>> What are you? Jamaican? "One job? Wat kind of laaaazy bastard 'as only
>> one job, mon?"
>
>Yes, I resemble a Jamaican, with my pasty white complexion, dumpy build
>and all the sense of rhythm as a one-legged tap-dancer.

My long lost brother!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

In article <11101suf4rprnad@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@writeme.com says...
> I have close to you, 3000/300.

In France, my ISP is free.fr I get 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. :)

With the same ISP box called the Freebox I get digital TV + unlimited IP
telephony. !)

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts

> I remember reading about an ISP that ran fiber to your home, it was
> somewhere in California.
>
> They have a whole integrated fiber optic package with your phone, TV,
> radio, Internet, etc. all bundled up with their service.

I think that's in Phoenix. It's kinda close to California. ;)
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:03:19 AM

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:

> In article <11101suf4rprnad@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@writeme.com says...
>
>>I have close to you, 3000/300.
>

> In France, my ISP is free.fr I get 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. :)
>
> With the same ISP box called the Freebox I get digital TV + unlimited IP
> telephony. !)

That pretty much has to be cable, not xDSL.

And how much do you pay?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:11:42 AM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:57 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What Up/Down bandwidth does everyone here get? What kind of connection
>>> do you have?
>>>
>>> I have a cable modem with an asynchronous 256 Kilobit Upstream and 3
>>> Megabit Downstream. And I still can't play Tribes well enough. :)
>>>

>>I have close to you, 3000/300.
>>
>>Quixote
>>

> I remember reading about an ISP that ran fiber to your home, it was
> somewhere in California.

There is a trial area going to happen in Keller, Texas, also:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NVN/is_35_2...

Quixote
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:16:51 AM

"[RS]Faramir_agst" <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote in message
> In article <11101suf4rprnad@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@writeme.com
> says...
>> I have close to you, 3000/300.
>
> In France, my ISP is free.fr I get 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. :)
>
> With the same ISP box called the Freebox I get digital TV + unlimited IP
> telephony. !)

The nice thing about my 3000/300 is I am in a small town of less than 10,000
people in south Texas and you would not believe how lucky I am to be able to
have this kind of connection. DSL is not even offered here, and the
multitude of small surrounding towns are still on dialup only. I too have
digital cable TV with a DVR with the same company and recently went with
Vonage VoIP for my telephone. That is really nice at $24.95 US per month
for unlimited calls anywhere in US and Canada. I am quite happy, even
knowing there are better packages out there, because I am fortunate to have
it at all where I live.

Quixote
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 7:45:48 AM

Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:13:58 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>> No, the box stayed dry, and the water was getting onto a bare spot in the
>> line.
> Hence me saying that rainwater was affecting your service.

I know, I was just saying it wasnt getting into the box. You're right
though on the water part.
February 15, 2005 3:36:37 PM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:03:58 -0600, ScratchMonkey
<ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I remember reading about an ISP that ran fiber to your home, it was
>> somewhere in California.
>>
>> They have a whole integrated fiber optic package with your phone, TV,
>> radio, Internet, etc. all bundled up with their service.
>
>I think that's in Phoenix. It's kinda close to California. ;)

No, this was definitely a town in Cali. One of those San Somethings.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 15, 2005 3:38:22 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:11:42 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:10:57 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I have close to you, 3000/300.
>>>
>>>Quixote
>>>

>> I remember reading about an ISP that ran fiber to your home, it was
>> somewhere in California.
>
>There is a trial area going to happen in Keller, Texas, also:
>
>http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NVN/is_35_2...
>
>Quixote

Damn... Time to move back to the metroplex. Honey! We're movin!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 15, 2005 3:39:33 PM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:00:09 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <11101suf4rprnad@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@writeme.com says...
>> I have close to you, 3000/300.
>
>In France, my ISP is free.fr I get 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. :)
>
>With the same ISP box called the Freebox I get digital TV + unlimited IP
>telephony. !)

Sweet!

Now that we know this, why aren't YOU running an AGST T2 server?
Hmmm???

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
February 15, 2005 3:47:05 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:16:51 -0600, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"[RS]Faramir_agst" <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote in message
>> In article <11101suf4rprnad@corp.supernews.com>, quixote@writeme.com
>> says...
>>> I have close to you, 3000/300.
>>
>> In France, my ISP is free.fr I get 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. :)
>>
>> With the same ISP box called the Freebox I get digital TV + unlimited IP
>> telephony. !)
>>

>The nice thing about my 3000/300 is I am in a small town of less than 10,000
>people in south Texas and you would not believe how lucky I am to be able to
>have this kind of connection. DSL is not even offered here, and the
>multitude of small surrounding towns are still on dialup only. I too have
>digital cable TV with a DVR with the same company and recently went with
>Vonage VoIP for my telephone. That is really nice at $24.95 US per month
>for unlimited calls anywhere in US and Canada. I am quite happy, even
>knowing there are better packages out there, because I am fortunate to have
>it at all where I live.
>
>Quixote

I know what you mean, Quix.

When I was back in Missouri, my brother and I shared a 128kb ISDN,
which was the best we could get.

We were right between two rival Cable zones and neither would go one
more street and include us in their service. A digital no-man's land.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

In article <U-GdnQrrk4O0s4zfRVnygw@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it says...
> That pretty much has to be cable, not xDSL.

ADSL 2+

> And how much do you pay?

29.99¤

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
February 15, 2005 9:34:53 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:34:52 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <U-GdnQrrk4O0s4zfRVnygw@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it says...
>> That pretty much has to be cable, not xDSL.
>
>ADSL 2+
>
>> And how much do you pay?
>
>29.99€

Wow, that's about $38.90 US. Not bad at all.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

[RS]Faramir_agst wrote:

> In article <U-GdnQrrk4O0s4zfRVnygw@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it says...
>
>>That pretty much has to be cable, not xDSL.
>

> ADSL 2+
>

>>And how much do you pay?
>
> 29.99¤

I pay ¤70, but I get half back due to working there, so well...

Prices in France are obviously lower than here in the Netherlands. Of
course, we witnessed nearly a doubling in prices for common things with
the coming of the Euro (1¤ == 2.2 guilders... many places with menus
simply scratched away the Hfl. and put in the ¤)
--
Frank
Anonymous

"Frank van Schie" <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in message
> [RS]Faramir_agst wrote:
>
>> In article <U-GdnQrrk4O0s4zfRVnygw@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it
>> says...
>>
>>>That pretty much has to be cable, not xDSL.
>>

>> ADSL 2+
>>

>>>And how much do you pay?
>>
>> 29.99¤
>
> I pay ¤70, but I get half back due to working there, so well...
>
> Prices in France are obviously lower than here in the Netherlands. Of
> course, we witnessed nearly a doubling in prices for common things with
> the coming of the Euro (1¤ == 2.2 guilders... many places with menus
> simply scratched away the Hfl. and put in the ¤)

I pay $49.95 US a month for my 3000/300 but get 100% of it back as
compensation as it is required for work. :^)

Quixote
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:54:11 PM

In article <eamdnQvn37pa-o7fRVnyiA@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it says...
> >>And how much do you pay?
> >
> > 29.99¤
>
> I pay ¤70, but I get half back due to working there, so well...

The price I gave you is not 100% accurate. Until the end of the month I still
have to give France Telecom 13¤ per month for the analog telephone line.

Next month I'll pay only the 30¤ period for:
- 12Mbps down
- 1Mbps up
- DSL TV (MPEG4 thru DSL resolution 720x576 up to HDTV) When you activate
the TV part there is only 2Mbps available for the internet connection.
- IP telephony. free phone in France and 0.03¤ per minute to all the
civilized countries.

I'm 2km away from the telephone hub... my brother in Paris get 18Mbps down
and 1.3Mbps up because he is closer to his hub.

I often get +700kb/s download in BitTorrent on Linux ISOs. :)

--
[RS]Faramir_agst --- www.fabriceroux.com
Tribes and Paint Shop Pro scripts
February 16, 2005 9:54:12 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:54:11 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
<envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:

>In article <eamdnQvn37pa-o7fRVnyiA@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it says...
>> >
>> > 29.99€
>>
>> I pay €70, but I get half back due to working there, so well...
>
>The price I gave you is not 100% accurate. Until the end of the month I still
>have to give France Telecom 13€ per month for the analog telephone line.
>
>Next month I'll pay only the 30€ period for:
> - 12Mbps down
> - 1Mbps up
> - DSL TV (MPEG4 thru DSL resolution 720x576 up to HDTV) When you activate
>the TV part there is only 2Mbps available for the internet connection.
> - IP telephony. free phone in France and 0.03€ per minute to all the
>civilized countries.
>
>I'm 2km away from the telephone hub... my brother in Paris get 18Mbps down
>and 1.3Mbps up because he is closer to his hub.
>
>I often get +700kb/s download in BitTorrent on Linux ISOs. :)

I'd almost kiss Jacque Chirac to be able to have 18Mb down.

But he'd have to take a bath first.

Note: That's cleanse himself in a bath. Not financially conspire with
Bathists.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:54:11 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
> <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:
>
>>In article <eamdnQvn37pa-o7fRVnyiA@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it
>>says...

>>> I pay ?70, but I get half back due to working there, so well...
>>
>>The price I gave you is not 100% accurate. Until the end of the month I
>>still
>>have to give France Telecom 13? per month for the analog telephone line.
>>
>>Next month I'll pay only the 30? period for:
>> - 12Mbps down
>> - 1Mbps up
>> - DSL TV (MPEG4 thru DSL resolution 720x576 up to HDTV) When you activate
>>the TV part there is only 2Mbps available for the internet connection.
>> - IP telephony. free phone in France and 0.03? per minute to all the
>>civilized countries.
>>
>>I'm 2km away from the telephone hub... my brother in Paris get 18Mbps down
>>and 1.3Mbps up because he is closer to his hub.
>>
>>I often get +700kb/s download in BitTorrent on Linux ISOs. :)
>
> I'd almost kiss Jacque Chirac to be able to have 18Mb down.
>
> But he'd have to take a bath first.
>
> Note: That's cleanse himself in a bath. Not financially conspire with
> Bathists.

despite the rumours - i've been to france and i know that french people
aren't really all that dirty as the rumours make them out to be.
February 17, 2005 3:32:56 AM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:32:55 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:54:11 +0100, [RS]Faramir_agst
>> <envoyezdesspams@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <eamdnQvn37pa-o7fRVnyiA@casema.nl>, frankNOSPAM@email.it
>>>says...

>>>The price I gave you is not 100% accurate. Until the end of the month I
>>>still
>>>have to give France Telecom 13? per month for the analog telephone line.
>>>
>>>Next month I'll pay only the 30? period for:
>>> - 12Mbps down
>>> - 1Mbps up
>>> - DSL TV (MPEG4 thru DSL resolution 720x576 up to HDTV) When you activate
>>>the TV part there is only 2Mbps available for the internet connection.
>>> - IP telephony. free phone in France and 0.03? per minute to all the
>>>civilized countries.
>>>
>>>I'm 2km away from the telephone hub... my brother in Paris get 18Mbps down
>>>and 1.3Mbps up because he is closer to his hub.
>>>
>>>I often get +700kb/s download in BitTorrent on Linux ISOs. :)
>>
>> I'd almost kiss Jacque Chirac to be able to have 18Mb down.
>>
>> But he'd have to take a bath first.
>>
>> Note: That's cleanse himself in a bath. Not financially conspire with
>> Bathists.
>>

>despite the rumours - i've been to france and i know that french people
>aren't really all that dirty as the rumours make them out to be.

No one's ever REALLY as bad as the stereotypes. People everywhere, if
given the chance, tend to want to be nice and hospitable. They want
others to think well of them.

And then there's Canada...

Just kidding.

Not really.