Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PLEASE ADVISE... newegg sucks need advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2008 2:35:32 PM

I just purchased an EVGA 8800GTS (g92) 512mb 10 days ago and went back to purchase a second for sli mode and it is no longer on their website. Now they have the EVGA 8800GTS (g92) KO version which is overclocked.

My question is can this still work or do I have to return my old card and get 2 of the new cards?

Link to old card (10 days old)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Link to new card

Please help I really want to get SLI running and am royally upset that I havent had my card for 10 days and its no longer avail. ARG!!!!!

More about : advise newegg sucks advice

April 19, 2008 2:50:57 PM

also if im going to do this should I just RMA the old card and give them never ending yelling and screaming so that they upgrade me to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for the additional like 40 bucks? Then I can run 3 of them as I have an EVGA 780i tri sli board... ??? thoughts?
April 19, 2008 2:51:26 PM

Yes, it will work fine. The non-oced card will just drag the oced card back to its performance level in sli. But it's only a slight difference anyway. Besides, you can manually oc that non-factory-oced card.

Also, it can be different brands, sli don't care about that. Consider this factory oced card:
Related resources
April 19, 2008 3:00:03 PM

and here I thought it was going to be a story about how Newegg ran over your dog or something...

frosty97 said:
also if im going to do this should I just RMA the old card and give them never ending yelling and screaming so that they upgrade me to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for the additional like 40 bucks? Then I can run 3 of them as I have an EVGA 780i tri sli board... ??? thoughts?

kinda pointless to yell at them, newegg didn't do anything wrong
April 19, 2008 3:00:45 PM

thanks, I was under the impression that SLI had to be identical, I didnt assume brand but I did assume the speeds and such.
April 19, 2008 3:02:58 PM

frosty97 said:

You should be ashamed of yourself..."never ending yelling and screaming" because you are having personal issues?

Towards NewEgg, of all companies...one of the last customer-service based on-line tech stores who not only did nothing wrong in this case, but you are actively trying to defraud.

You are awarded no points and may you blue screen every day.
April 19, 2008 3:03:00 PM

no but I know that if you yell enough they will do what you want.
April 19, 2008 3:05:58 PM

frosty97 said:
no but I know that if you yell enough they will do what you want.

Only if you are an infant, once you get past the age of two that doesn't work at all, in fact once people identify you as a known complainer (for no good reason), you get even worse treatment...just to piss you off. As Minsc says, "The squeaky wheel gets the kick".

You were hoping for grease?
April 19, 2008 3:09:33 PM

bf2gameplaya said:
Only if you are an infant, once you get past the age of two that doesn't work at all, in fact once people identify you as a known complainer (for no good reason), you get even worse treatment...just to piss you off. As Minsc says, "The squeaky wheel gets the kick".

You were hoping for grease?

Meh, grease works better. :p 
April 19, 2008 3:21:40 PM

Well I have had no problem getting what I as the consumer deserve as far as customer service and product. Newegg delayed my order for 1 day and after speaking with them they credited me the shipping charges and shipped my order next day air before noon. So Im not saying really yelling but there is a way to get what you pay for in service and product. If you are not happy you are the customer and you have to push till the company your dealing with realizes this fact.

Unknown fact to most people is that if the rep wont do it, the sup wont do it , the manager will do it. Escalating a call gets harder and harder for the company to deny your request... as long as its not a million bucks your pretty much good to go.
April 19, 2008 3:26:38 PM

bf2gameplaya said:
You should be ashamed of yourself..."never ending yelling and screaming" because you are having personal issues?

Towards NewEgg, of all companies...one of the last customer-service based on-line tech stores who not only did nothing wrong in this case, but you are actively trying to defraud.

You are awarded no points and may you blue screen every day.

NEVER did I say actively trying to defraud, RMA includes returning product for credit. I would only be requesting from them not to be charged the 15% restock fee.

Newegg only impressed me by giving me a credit for the shipping charges. Their customer service the first 3 calls was very horrible and they all gave me incorrect information. I called back a 4th time and spoke to obviously someone who knew what he was talking about and informed me that my order was already on the shipping docks when the last 3 people had told me that the order had not even been to the warehouse yet and that it wouldnt untill the next day.

I was very unhappy with the service I received. I always use newegg but this time I used both newegg and tigerdirect and suprizingly tigerdirect pulled with wonderfully. Tech support and service.

April 30, 2008 11:20:08 PM

NewEgg did nothing wrong?!?!

I bought a computer and Microsoft Office software from NewEgg. The computer was defective and it took a lot of wrangling to get NewEgg to take it back. I bought a different computer from Dell and when I opened the Office software package there was nothing in it. The software had been installed on the defective computer and NewEgg had failed to mention this.

Now NewEgg won't refund my money or send me replacement software. Many of you have had good experiences with NewEgg. Before you shop with NewEgg again ask yourself what will happen if something goes wrong- and it will.
May 4, 2008 3:53:42 PM

Well if any of you had a really bad nightmare called online shop, i'd say congradulations and dont ever do that again. If any of you think that online shopping is cheap, free shipment, delivered to your door step. I think thats a politics, i mean come on... no company that would do such free bla...bla...bla...thing, what ever you called. If they really give a free shipping then they got the profit from where? Think economic guy's, i mean 1+1 = 2, but if you use algorithmic 1+1=0. So if that NewEgg thing use algorithmic thinking, they're already bankrupted. Even a shipment around US only and the fee is only a $1/kg for example, if you order electronics component average total amount 15 kg and the other are the same order as you are per day. Then calculate how many computer user in US (for use in home, in office, for gaming, for education). If you calculate right, then i assume thats worth hundred thousand or even millions of bucks, of course after tax.

If the service is poor and you have to argue wit the seller, i assume that they don't want to loose the profit, mostly they have to payback the money if the product is unreliable to the costumer. In that case i rather buy the product, even i have to travel 20 mil, but the shop is guarantee is 100% for the product and willing to responsible if the costumer had bad expirience with the product the costumer buy.

Really, dont believe try it out. Its very fun (for me of course, i don't know with you guy's). :) 
July 8, 2009 2:00:38 AM

well nothings changed much they still SUCK as much as ever
April 10, 2010 9:32:03 PM

Newegg sucks ! yeah you are right ..listen my story ..

i purchased a Recertified Nikon D3000 SLR and Newegg stated on their website it comes 1 year ..but after i purchased the item , what a suprise ! only 90 day warranty..

Only 3 months warranty ...and called Newegg and i explained the problem and their answer was"How can we help ?" ..nice ..very nice.....they don't take any responsibility and saying this is manufectrurers fault... i still don't understand why people accept their fault..Newegg clearly misleading customer with this kindda action and doesn't feel any responsibility..sad...i ended up returning product !

Then i posted my comment in "customer Comments" section..and gues they didn't publish it , simply they didn't want other to know about this...as an answer i got his from newegg

" My name is Bruce. I am the representative of Newegg customer service department. I would like to assist you on this matter. First and foremost, please kindly note that all of the information that we are provided comes from the manufacturer directly. The manufacturer warranty is offered by manufacturer but not Newegg.

However, I show that one of our agents has issued a refund RMA and a shipping label for you. Please allow 2-5 business days for the RMA to process once we receive your return package. Once processed, the refund will be posted into your original source of payment within 2-5 business days. Thanks for your cooperation and patience. Once again, we humbly apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.
"
a b Î Nvidia
April 10, 2010 9:37:03 PM

Boo hoo, they gave you your money back. Sounds more like buyer remorse.
June 25, 2010 11:38:44 AM

Quote:
Boo hoo, they gave you your money back. Sounds more like buyer remorse.

Congratulations, and welcome to the NewEgg customer service team, Notty! You'll fit right in.
a c 172 Î Nvidia
June 25, 2010 12:03:11 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!