rickkipp

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
I wrote this as a reply to another post, and didn't get anywhere. Sorry if I've "double" posted, but I'd really like some responses, especially about my Gigabyte failure. I've had a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P that is now bad. I've had it 2.5 months, so the Egg won't replace and don't even list that mobo anymore. wtf?Worked great for a short time, and I liked all the USB ports. Gigabyte now wants me to send them the original mobo back, wait for them to diddle around, and send one back to me. Probably be about a month or so. I'm sort of stuck here. I don't think I want to replace it with the same model. I may use the rma and not care when the new mobo arrives, just to have a backup. Meanwhile, I'd like to order a different mobo with similar specs, but no Nvidias. I have: E8400 cpu, Hightech S1234 cooler, 2 x 2gb corsair ram (DDR 800), HIS 3870 video card, Antec P182 case, 2 Samsung 320's, etc. What mobo would you now recommend? I paid $150 for the other, so I guess that's the price area. From what I've read, I'd like to avoid NVidea mobo,s and probably stay with a P35, P38 type. No overclocking, just a solid and reliable mobo. Don't care if it's MSI, Abit, Asus or whatever. Thanks for all responses.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
1. The new model for your board is GA-EP35-DS3P if you just want to get the same board (no LPT/COM). I have the same (without E) board model and it's been very good to me so I guess you just had back luck.

IMPORTANT : don't forget to reposition the CPU socket cap that came with the motherboard. Gigabyte's techstaff is known to be sensitive to it.

2. The GA-P45-DSxx models were just announced a few days ago and by the end of next week you should be able to get one.

3. ASUS P5K-E/WIFI is about the same pricerange.

4. X38 is a bit more expensive (~$200), GA-EX38-DS4.