Of These...What would you PICK?

G

mushkin for sure...

I got 2 1 gig sticks of pc2 6400 (800 mhz)

and I now have them clocked at 1200 mhz ... i only had to raise the timing on the first set so now its 5 4 4 12 instead of 4 4 4 12...

mushkin is amazing get it

butcher

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
personaly i would take the mushkin because its the cheaper stuff and ram really does very little in the way of performance increases these days (other than volume)

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
I have the corsair RAM and I love it. I have it overclocked 50MHz and still at 4-4-4-12 timings. The only downside is that the RAM will be recoginzed at 5-5-5-15 @ 1.8 volts. You will have to up the voltage and timings yourself in the BIOS.

The Mushkin RAM is already at 5-4-4-12 @ 1.8v so it probably won't take much to bump up that first number without going to 2.1v. This RAM will probably run cooler than the others. It also has the longest warranty through the Newegg. Up to one year replacement. The others are only 90 days.

Timings aren't that important anyways. They only equate to about 20-50 points in 3DMark. This article from Tom's talks about memory speed and timings. It is for DDR3 but the principles are still the same.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ddr3-1333-speed-latency-shootout,1754.html

The way I usually compare items on Newegg is to sort them by the number of reviews. People usually review a product if it is either really good or really bad. OCZ has the most reviews here. After that I check how many of the reviews are positive. Mushkin has the most here with 96% with 4 or 5 eggs.

All of these modules are good and it pretty much comes down to brand preference. Corsair has the upper hand there as it is one of the biggest players in the market today. No matter which one you pick, they will all work great.