another small problem plz help

OCingsmurf77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
problem is my 3rd post (update)
I would post in a more specific forum but I dont know which part is causing it?

OK lets begin with my system,

Core i7 2.6 920
asus Rampage extreme II
Corsair 1000hx psu
2x3g corsair 1600
4870x2 sapphire
250g HD
antec 1200
swiftech 220 ultima gtx
8.12 ATI driver

OK, so I have had this system since nahalem(spell check) came out, but I just installed watercooling (from Stock heatsink).
My system worked perfect before nothing wrong. when I first started up computer after installing water it loaded up the RoG video thingy then started its system bios check thing before going into the OP which is vista 64 bit, forgot to mention. but it stops and says
OVERCLOCKING FAILED
CPU fan failed....and it gives me two option to either go back to bios or run system on defualt settings (before watercooling i had bios set to 3.0 ghz). i went back to bios, read the manual for anything that i could turn off, i did try to turn off the cpu fan profile. didnt work

so I restarted system, chose the default settings and it took for ever getting to vista and when i signed in, a message poped up of ATI CCC not existing (when I installed the water i had to move my GPU into the first slot, the blue one) I figured that was the reason, I reinstalled CCC, then went to CPU level up (asus eazy overclocking program) I set it to the 3.2 core i7 and now its working perfect and when I restart the computer, instead of the two options poping up, it just says CPU fan failed, press F1 to continue and goes to vista perfectly normal right now.

I just tried to manually overclock to 3.5 it came up with the original two options, 3.2 is fine for me but if you guys could help me that would be awesome, sorry for the long story

ask me any other details i might have left out.

OCingsmurf77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Wow, never mind. the thought hit me in the head so hard i felt it. I remembered the extra mobo fan that came in the box, hooked it up, pluged it into cpu fan spot. problem solved, I'm now running 3.5 smoothly.

now i need to find out how to get this post deleted or somthing?

OCingsmurf77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I have another problem, video card issue

ever since I moved my GPU to another slot its been acting up.
- when it loaded into log in screen it changes resolution? settting problem
- somtimes when I restart, the screen won't display anthing, I have to shut it down
-when I log in it will go back to 1680x1080 rez, and it goes low in brightness
-after I log in, a pop up will come up at bottom right screen, saying my computer has shut down one of my dvi slots because of the non compatible driver
-and overall performance seems strange from what it use to be

it had these problems before and after I had to reinstall 8.12 in the above story. could it be a bad slot, something wrong with the driver