Want to Overclock new build - Help

Just finished getting all of my components for my PC and haven't put it together yet but wanted to get some pointers. I'm looking for some relative OC settings I could use to start out at. I want a completely stable system and I don't want my memory or chipset or anything to burn out in a measly 6 months so no exreme OCing here. Here's what I have:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred with added two optional fans (total 7-120mm 1-200mm)
PSU: Zalman 850W Continuos (1050 Peak) Modular
Motherboard: evga 780i
Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) Patriot 1066 SLI ready
GPS: evga GTX 260
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer Pro 7

plus a few other components that don't really matter for OCing. What would be a good push for this system to remain completely 100% stable, I'll run all the nessicary tests of course.
3 answers Last reply
More about want overclock build help
  1. Read the sticky, it'll give you lots and lots of pointers
  2. Yep. Just follow step by step and take your time. That's why the sticky is there.
  3. ^+1 - If you'd read the sticks - you'd understand that what im saying isn't new, and will be more elaborate in the guide but, for sake of this post and helping you a little, what you need to know is - Lower your CPU:RAM Ratio to the lowest possible (or unlink the memory from the increased FSB) and increase the FSB until the platform becomes unstable - bring the FSB back down until it is stable again and than increase the CPU:RAM Ratio (if needed) to try to get as close to a 1:1 as possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking