Sign in with
Your question
Closed

High memory usage google chrome

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 10, 2012 10:37:15 PM

RockyMtnMermaid said:
Why is this happening of recent? I've been doing the same things over the past 2 years and suddenly I'm getting this message.. WTH? thanks

Any strange Add ons in the browser ?
Score
June 11, 2012 3:07:54 AM

No, none that I've noticed or used. I watch Hulutv on my laptop alot though, but this started a while after I subscribed. I just downloaded Firefox to see if that will be better to use than Chrome. Thank you.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

June 11, 2012 4:26:07 AM

That warning can pretty much be ignored -- they have not updated the threshold of what is considered high memory usage and with larger screens and higher resolution videos etc. being used in browsers these days and systems having more RAM installed -- you are going to get that message more often but it should not effect performance.

The error was mainly designed to warn you if your browser was leaking memory before it became a problem but it needs some adjustments for newer systems since they have more memory installed and the browsers are running more video in higher resolution and thus using more cache memory to store things than when the error settings were originally designed.
June 11, 2012 8:18:10 PM

Best answer selected by RockyMtnMermaid.
Score
June 11, 2012 8:18:54 PM

Thank you! I actually understood what you wrote! Much appreciated :) 
Score
June 12, 2012 1:38:56 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!