Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Network Driver

Last response: in Windows XP
August 14, 2010 2:53:43 AM

I am having trouble trying to load a network driver from the driver file on C drive to the device in device manager. I am using the wizard an unable to get it to load. What is the best way or another way to do this without using the internet? I am trying to do this so I can have an internet connection. Evidently the driver went away when the anti-virus program was deleted. There is a yellow question mark next to the network controller in "other devices" in device manager. I even uninstalled the device so that windows would scan for hardware changes. It finds the device but won't take the driver. I am stumped, any input appreciated. Thamks

More about : network driver

a b \ Driver
August 14, 2010 3:04:32 AM

If you still have the driver, you may need to "browse" to the driver "inf" file manually for the wizard to find it.
August 15, 2010 12:48:25 AM

tigsounds said:
If you still have the driver, you may need to "browse" to the driver "inf" file manually for the wizard to find it.

I tried directing the wizard to the driver to no avail. The wizard says it can't find a driver for the device and wants to go to the net, which it can't do. When I look for the device manufacturer, it says device unknown.
Related resources

Best solution

a b \ Driver
August 15, 2010 4:33:02 AM

hourb12 said:
I tried directing the wizard to the driver to no avail. The wizard says it can't find a driver for the device and wants to go to the net, which it can't do. When I look for the device manufacturer, it says device unknown.

I'll try to find you a new driver. What info can you supply about the network card, or, if it is built-in, the motherboard make & model?
August 15, 2010 1:04:42 PM

This also baffles me - I have the Dell service tag # and go to the site, but it is the same driver that I already have in the Dell folder. Is there another way to load the dricer without using the Wizard?
August 25, 2010 12:24:08 PM

Best answer selected by hourb12.
!