Solved

Network Driver

I am having trouble trying to load a network driver from the driver file on C drive to the device in device manager. I am using the wizard an unable to get it to load. What is the best way or another way to do this without using the internet? I am trying to do this so I can have an internet connection. Evidently the driver went away when the anti-virus program was deleted. There is a yellow question mark next to the network controller in "other devices" in device manager. I even uninstalled the device so that windows would scan for hardware changes. It finds the device but won't take the driver. I am stumped, any input appreciated. Thamks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about network driver
  1. If you still have the driver, you may need to "browse" to the driver "inf" file manually for the wizard to find it.
  2. tigsounds said:
    If you still have the driver, you may need to "browse" to the driver "inf" file manually for the wizard to find it.

I tried directing the wizard to the driver to no avail. The wizard says it can't find a driver for the device and wants to go to the net, which it can't do. When I look for the device manufacturer, it says device unknown.
  3. Best answer
    hourb12 said:
    I tried directing the wizard to the driver to no avail. The wizard says it can't find a driver for the device and wants to go to the net, which it can't do. When I look for the device manufacturer, it says device unknown.

I'll try to find you a new driver. What info can you supply about the network card, or, if it is built-in, the motherboard make & model?
  4. This also baffles me - I have the Dell service tag # and go to the site, but it is the same driver that I already have in the Dell folder. Is there another way to load the dricer without using the Wizard?
  5. Best answer selected by hourb12.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Device Manager Devices Windows XP