exactly as stated:
i want to buy a new system, and i am sure of everything except the videocard:
i can get 3 intresting cards:
Asus EN8800GT/HDCP for €169,-
MSI NX8800GT-T2D512E-OC for €166,-
and a XpertVision GeForce 8800GT for €130

and i cannot really decide wich one to get:
Asus:
+ known brand, good package (lots of content inside box)
- most expensive

MSI
+known brand, OC'ed
-a memory clockspeed of 1900mhz seems to be a very dangerous choice (lots of ppl with errors because of that?)

Xpertvision
+ Price
- unknown brand

now is my question: should i get the expert vision or just go for the asus, or better the MSI? (the asus is currently included in budget)

anyone who can give a little bit of advise?

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
If I remember correctly, the MSI comes with factory capacitor modding and aftermarket cooling. If so, get that one. And the memory clock is high, but not dangerous. It'll run fine if you don't oc it further.

sailer

Splendid
Of the three cards you list, I would choose the ASUS. Its only 3 Euro more than the MSI and gives a lot in its package. You can also overclock it as you want. The MSI card probably is good itself, but as you note, there have been some overclock speed problems reported. I have an 8800 GTS in one of my other computers and I had to keep the clock down on it for stability. I suspect the problems lie in the driver packages, but don't know for sure. That's part of the reason I choose an ATI 3870 card for my gaming computer.

As to the Xpertvision card, like you say, its unknown. It could be a good card, or it could be a nightmare, so I personally would avoid it unless money was an issue. Someone else may know something of this card and be able to give more information regarding it.

mschol

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
i'm not planning on overclocking it (now i'm still running @ athlon 2600+, geforce 6800 @ stock speeds :p)
i prefer to spend less on the vga card (but want the 8800GT :p), (thats why i was wondering about the xpertvision.)

panicatak

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I have an Xpertvision that I bought in the UK from www.Aria.co.uk.

They (Xpertvision) are I believe part of Palet.

I did a review of my card which can be seen here:-

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4840

It runs cool and only gets noisey if it set the fan to 100% manually.

During gaming it never gets loud.

Paid £99+tax and delivery.

I had been running a 6800Gt before this

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Well I have a GTS 512 from MSI with memory @ 1000x2 so its running @ 2000mhz. I don't see where a GT @ 950 is of any concern. The only complaints i've heard about the GT's is Tempurature related and with it having a non-stock cooler I doubt thats even a concern with the MSI GT. and its a minor oc of 50mhz on the memory from stock.

To Sailer, I think you got a bad card if you had to back it down. Mines rock solid @ stock & @1000mhz unless yours is a g80 GTS

My GTS with stock cooling fan @ 61% 700/1000 Core/Memory
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6306513
Completely stable and running great