Problems with GA-P35-DS3P rev 2.0

mikebc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I did some searching but couldn't find a thread with possible solutions to this problem.

Here is the machine spec from what I can tell:

C2Q 6600
EP35-DS3P rev 2.0
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair RAM
8800GT
Antec NeoHE 550W PSU

I friend of mine has asked me to take a look at his computer. He has had it since February and it's worked perfectly everyday. He said that he was just working on it last night when it just turned off and wouldn't turn back on. On inspecting the machine I have found that when you turn on the power supply and press the power the LED light on the motherboard will flash on then off again, and the fans will try to spin - just move slightly.

1. I opened up the machine and reseated all cards, connectors, etc - no difference
2. I tried an alternate power supply, a Silverstone ST50F - no difference
3. I tried the power supply without the +8 connector attached - the LED light stays on but the fans do not spin.
4. I took it all out of the case and just connected the bare minimums - same result
5. I tried it without RAM, without video card, alternate RAM and alternate video card - same result
6. Just in case the Silverstone psu doesn't work, I tried a generic PSU from another machine - same result

So am I telling him to send his motherboard in to get replaced? Or has someone else come across this problem before and found an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance,
Mike